|Weakness||Fire, Magic & Bleed|
Elder Ghru is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3
Elder Ghru Enemy Description
- These towering beasts share characteristics with the local Ghru but are several times their size.
- They're capable of powerful strikes and can cast swarms of homing missiles.
Elder Ghru Combat Information
- Every strike is accompanied by the summoning of homing skulls which inflict damage on hit.
- They're intimidating to look at but take a lot of damage from physical attacks and their health goes down quickly
- Because they'll attack relentlessly and are hard to get away from, it is advised to be aggressive and keep the fight short
- Releases a wide blast wave when dislodging their tree when it gets stuck in the ground, watch for the tree getting stuck lower than usual.
Elder Ghru Notes & Trivia
- You can farm the three close by the Ruins Keep Bonfire at Farron Keep. Kill the three beasts, then you can shoot the Elder Ghrus with a bow. It takes a little bit of time, but it nets you a lot of souls quickly.
- You can also use a bow to safely kill the several Elder Ghru that appear when progressing from the ruins bonfire to the third flame that needs to be extinguished. Clear out all the slugs in the tower that starts the path, then aggro each Ghru while retreating back to the safety of the tower. Use whatever means you wish to dispatch the Ghru from the safety of the tower.
- The tree they use as a staff looks like a White Birch Tree.
- If you attack one of their legs enough, they will collapse, and be open for a riposte to the head.
Elder Ghru Drops
- Black bow of Pharis (Drops from the group of three located outside and to the right of the Keep Ruins bonfire. Can be seen from the bridge.) Note: does not need to be looted, and will automatically appear in inventory after the Ghru is killed
- Pharis's Hat (Drops from the group of three located outside and to the right of the Keep Ruins bonfire. Can be seen from the bridge.) Note: does not need to be looted, and will automatically appear in inventory after the Ghru is killed
- Stone Greatshield (Rare drop)
- Poison Gem (Very rare drop)
- Ember (Rare drop)
- Heavy Gem (Rare drop)
Elder Ghru Variations
|Ruins Keep||NG +6||7681|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!