Heavy Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Used in infusion to create Weapons along the Heavy upgrade path.
- Heavy Weapons have lower base damage, but higher Strength scaling.
- The Farron Coal is also required to enable Heavy upgrades.
- Drops from normal hollows in The High Wall of Lothric (rare).
- Drops from the Elder Ghru in the poison swamp of Farron Keep (rare).
- Drops from slugs in the poison swamp of Farron Keep (rare).
- Drops from Ghru (unarmed) and Ghru Conjurators in Farron Keep (rare).
- Gift from Hawkwood after defeating the Curse-Rotted Greatwood or Crystal Sage. Dropped by Hawkwood if killed.
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard, down in the ravine near the open sewer entrance in Undead Settlement.
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard, near the dead dragon at the top of the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire in Farron Keep. It is found behind the large gate on the opposite side of the Asylum Demon, and is the Crystal Lizard (1 of 3, the other two drop 1 Large Titanite Shard) found by going up the stairs to the left once on the other side of the bridge. You can access this part of the bridge by a small set of platforms just to the right of the gate nearest to you after going up the elevator.
- 1x from Hawkwood the Deserter, you will find him on the steps next to the Firelink Shrine bonfire. Once defeated, he will drop a Heavy Gem.
- Drops from Millwood Knights in the Painted World of Ariandel
- This is perfect for builds going for a high investment in strength, since it completely gets rid of the dex scaling, even at +0.
- However, even if you have low investment in dex, it might be beneficial to check out a refined path, since some weapons have a terrible scaling even with the heavy gem, such as a Rapier or Carthus Curved Sword.
- Be aware that when comparing infusion damage at Blacksmith Andre, the AR increase by two-handing a weapon is not displayed, unless the player is two-handing the weapon while in the infusion menu.