Titanite Shard is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
Titanite Shard Usage
- Reinforce regular Weapons to +3
- 12 shards in total required to get a weapon to +3
- 2 shards for +1
- 4 shards for +2
- 6 shards for +3
Titanite Shard Locations
- Can be purchased infinitely from the Shrine Handmaid for 800 souls each after acquiring the Dreamchaser's Ashes or the Grave Warden's Ashes.
- Dropped by Winged Knights in the High Wall of Lothric and Lothric Castle.
- Dropped by Evangelists in the Undead Settlement
- Dropped by Hollow Manservants (the enemies with large machetes and cages on their backs) in the Undead Settlement.
- Dropped by most Hollows in the High Wall of Lothric, Undead Settlement, and Road of Sacrifices.
- Dropped by the Silver Knights in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley (x2 guaranteed from the archer in the painting room).
- Dropped by the Silver Knights in Anor Londo (almost guaranteed drop).
- Dropped from various enemies in the Smouldering Lake area (common).
- Dropped by Red-Eyed enemies in the Catacombs of Carthus.
- 1x at Cemetery of Ash: Just after the first bonfire. Accessible by jumping onto a coffin.
- 5x at High Wall of Lothric:
- 1x Go right from the first bonfire. Killing the transforming enemy at the top of the tower drops 1 Titanite and 1 Ember.
- 1x In a corner near the second bonfire.
- 1x Dropped by the transforming enemy after the second bonfire.
- 1x In a room below the roof that has the transforming enemy.
- 1x Underneath the staircase in the room with the Cell Key and Estus Shard.
- 6x at Undead Settlement:
- 1x On the porch of a house ahead of the burning tree with worshipping undead. The tree is to the left of the Undead Settlement bonfire, past the house filled with hanging-corpses.
- 1x On a bridge with an Evangelist enemy on it. This is on the way to the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire while coming from the Undead Settlement bonfire.
- 1x Behind a stone wall, on a hidden side path, right in front of the bridge with the Evangelist, near the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.
- 1x Beneath the small stone bridge where you drop down to reach the hidden Cliff Underside bonfire.
- 2x Side by side, down in the ravine by the open sewer entrance.
- 4x at Road of Sacrifices:
- 1x on a corpse down on a cavern path in the lower chambers of the area.
- 1x on a corpse surrounded by several mushroom enemies in the woods.
- 1x on a corpse in the swamp, near a dog and a digging hollow.
- 1x on a corpse after you pass the first storyteller enemy as you circle back up the higher path in the cave with 2 enemies.
- 8x at Farron Keep
- 1x at the base of the stairs before the first candle.
- 1x near a large fire on an island, after the Keep Ruins bonfire and before the third candle.
- 1x in the swamp, near the Nameless Knight armor and just before the third candle.
- 5x Cathedral of the Deep
- 1x on a path on the left hand side, before first set of stairs after the Cathedral of the Deep bonfire.
- 1x on a corpse, where the giant worm eneimies are with the giant crystal lizard. to the far right up the small hill where theres an access to jump down to the Cleansing Chapel bonfire.
- 1x on a corpse, on a plateau with gravestones, near the giant crystal lizard.
- 1x on a corpse behind a tree, where the giant worms are after 2 crystal lizard if you have come from the right.
- 1x on a corpse, at the entrance to the first shortcut above the birch tree graveyard.
- 6x at Catacombs of Carthus:
- 2x on a body just down the set of stairs after crossing the bridge, body will be to the left. Guarded by a large skeleton. (Video)
- 2x on a body, in the room filled with rats / blobs / bonewheel enemies, just below the second bonfire. (Video)
- 2x on a body in the same room as previous shards, but in the hallway with the bonewheels.
- Drops from the Skeletons in the Catacombs quite often. (Video)
- For those wishing to farm Titanite Shards, be aware that merely progressing further into the game will cause you to start tripping over piles of them. Silver Knight enemies nearly always drop either a Titanite Shard or Large Titanite Shard each kill (sometimes multiple of them). One of the best farm locations is from the Anor Londo bonfire in the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley area.
- Trivia goes here
Blessed Gem ♦ Blood Gem ♦ Chaos Gem ♦ Crystal Gem ♦ Dark Gem ♦ Deep Gem ♦ Farron Coal ♦ Fire Gem ♦ Giant's Coal ♦ Heavy Gem ♦ Hollow Gem ♦ Lightning Gem ♦ Player Trade ♦ Poison Gem ♦ Profaned Coal ♦ Raw Gem ♦ Refined Gem ♦ Sage's Coal ♦ Sharp Gem ♦ Shriving Stone ♦ Simple Gem ♦ Titanite Chunk ♦ Titanite Scale ♦ Titanite Slab ♦ Transposing Kiln
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
There is a scary fire boy right to the left of the old kings antechamber bondfire and he drops a titanite shard every single time he dies.
they are dropped by ghru grunts. not sure about other ghru variants. i picked up quite a few of them from the ghru while farming the black knight shield/sword/armor set behind the farron perimeter bonfire. get yourself some souls, shards AND gear!
I'm a bit confused by the "first transforming hollow" to the right of first bonfire in High Wall. Is that the one near the bow you can pickup?
The winged knight in the courtyard should have a much higher chance of dropping these literally going hollow trying to farm these from lothric knights
trying to kill dancer before undead settlement, I've found out that lothric knights drop shards as well, but chances are slim.
Making it so that theres only a limited number of slabs per playthrough with no way to farm them was the stupidest ****. This game has **** that just obnoxiously pushes you into another new game cycle by putting arbitrary limits on them. Makes even less sense when you think about how Bloodborne eventually gave you a way to get Blood Rocks without playing through the whole game again.
At least you can exploit Rosaria's pale tongue cost as much as you want.
Best place that I've found for shards is the catacombs. Go to the bonfire where the rolling ball of skeletons is and just keep killing the 3 red eyed skeletons. Use the trap on the floor to kill the 2 down the hallway. It works nice cuz the bonfire is right there.
In high wall of lothric
I just got two titanite shards from those hollow archers after the cristal lizard. I think if u make that rooftop jump and leap attack those guys it might drop.
What I need 12, dang it. I guess I’ll have to easily obtain more.
If you haven't gotten enough by simply progressing, when you get to the last Bo fire in amor Londo, kill the knights on the steps. Rinse. Repeat. The fire is so close and the knights literally come to you if your shoes are too heavy to go up the steps for a faster kill.
The Ghrus at Farron Keep Perimeter also drops them
Greater Crabs can drop these, with the Smouldering Lake variant having a guarenteed drop of one each.
where the hell is anor lodor
that place is full of titanite shards if you kill those silver knights
It should be added that you can buy them after giving the gravewarden ashes to the maiden aswell
Sure sure. You can ofc rush to Anor Londor to get your weapon to +6. Or you make it +10 like me before even fighting the Abyss Watchers. Well matter of taste I guess. To each his own. Helpfull Note btw. I couldn't have completed DS3 without it...
Remember when Wiki's would give you an idea of the drop chance?
woah never knew i could buy these and the large ones. I tho since they were way too common I had to farm them...
I have over 200 titanite shards in storage from farming. I want to sell them, but the game only lets me sell the number held not the number stored. The ones stored never come out, even after resting at a bonfire. How do i get titanite shards out of storage in order to sell them?
just go to Anor Londo and kill the 3 silver knight there
Thoses undead that has a wood cross in they back, they have a uncommon drop of titanite shard, put a crystal sage spear or any other boost of discovery and you can farm 2 that are near the crucificion woods bonfire ( in the ruins )
That description under Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
Do I have to waste points in luck to get them or something? Is there maybe an Item Discovery threshold needed to drop?
Best place to farm these?
Best place I've found to get them to drop is from the Lothric Knights just before Vordt's door.
I got one from the big crab in Road of sacrafices swamp
Does anyone know how to trade titanite shards? They don't show up when dropping for guests
You are able to buy the shards after you get dreamchaser ashes
So, we're unable to buy them like in Dark Souls one?