Titanite Slab is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
Titanite Slab Usage
- Reinforces a weapon to its ultimate form:
- +10 for regular weapons
- +5 for special weapons
- 2x at Firelink Shrine:
- 1x at Profaned Capital: received from Siegward of Catarina after releasing him from his cell.
- 3x at Grand Archives
- 1x can be found after pulling a lever which shifts one of the bookcases. Hidden behind the bookcase is a chest containing a Slab. The chest is on the floor with the giant wax basin, and the lever is on the floor below the second Crystal Sage spawn.
- 1x is obtained after killing the three Golden Winged Knights at the very top of Lothric Castle. Start from the Grand Archives bonfire and use the elevator. Head outside towards the Lothric Princes boss area and immediately turn left onto a spiraling staircase. Make your way to the dome shaped roof to find the knights.
- 1x found after activate the elevator outside the Lothric Princes boss fight. Get the elevator to the lower floor, near the Dragonslayer Armour boss fight. Trigger the elevator to go up, and jump out immediately - a different elevator platform will rise in its place. Ride this platform down to find the Titanite Slab in a small niche.
- 2x at Archdragon Peak
- 3x at Painted World of Ariandel
- 1x near the Depths of the Painting bonfire. Head left past the Giant Crabs and past several Tree Women, until you come to an icy enclosed area with a Smoldering Tree Woman guarding the Snap Freeze spell. After defeating her, head back and you will notice that a ladder has appeard on your left hand side. Climb the ladder, and then climb another ladder to find a body with a Titanite Slab on it.
- 1x received after defeating Sister Friede's second phase. Note that she also has a third phase, which will start shortly after receiving the Slab. (only once per NG cycle)
- 1x in the Corvian Settlement. Received by speaking to the Corvian Crow NPC after defeating Sister Friede. He will have moved from his previous spot, now standing outside the house, near the ladder leading down to the gulch.
- 4x at The Ringed City
- Lapp will tell you there's treasure in a cavern in Earthen Peak, right at the the swamp before the third Angel. It's guarded by a Harald Knight in the left corner. If you die 3 times or miss it and come back to Lapp he will gift it to you and you'll find the Harald Knight slain. Video Location
- Beating Halflight, Spear of the Church earns you a slab. (only once per NG cycle)
- Shira will give you a slab for killing Darkeater Midir. You can also get it from her by killing her after the final boss in the chapel to the right of Filianore's Rest's bonfire.
- Kill the Ringed Knight wandering in the final area alone to the left for one. (only once per NG cycle)
- The maximum amount of Titanite Slabs the player can get in a single New Game cycle is 8 in the base game, 3 more in the Ashes of Arianderl DLC, and 4 more in the Ringed City DLC, for the total of 15.
- It's worth checking the Farming page if you want to upgrade a lot of weapons before your NG+, to make max souls.
The runes etched on the Titanite Slab have a possible translation, explained in this article. The translation is vague and uncertain, and it is as follows:
The meek sought God/the divine in the trees (archtrees). Yggdrasil, the tree of life (still archtrees) bestowed the gifts of plenty, joy and health.
They remained and hardship set in. They found a spark (Lord Souls in the first flame) which turned into a Sun, driving away the cold/ice. Terrible trouble came (conflict with dragons). The Sun (Gwyn and his allies/army) ended this conflict.
This age (gods in Anor Londo) continued and began an era of wealth and plenty. Man will (or has begun to) ascend. Cold/ice will return.
Blessed Gem ♦ Blood Gem ♦ Chaos Gem ♦ Crystal Gem ♦ Dark Gem ♦ Deep Gem ♦ Farron Coal ♦ Fire Gem ♦ Giant's Coal ♦ Heavy Gem ♦ Hollow Gem ♦ Lightning Gem ♦ Player Trade ♦ Poison Gem ♦ Profaned Coal ♦ Raw Gem ♦ Refined Gem ♦ Sage's Coal ♦ Sharp Gem ♦ Shriving Stone ♦ Simple Gem ♦ Titanite Chunk ♦ Titanite Scale ♦ Titanite Shard ♦ Transposing Kiln