Fire Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Infuses a Weapon with Fire damage, but removes the stat scaling.
- Can begin the game with one if you choose it as a Burial Gift
- Drops from the Fire Demon that Siegward of Catarina helps to defeat in Undead Settlement
- Rare Drop from the Smoldering Rotten Flesh and Ghru Shamans in Smouldering Lake
- Rare drop from Undead Settlement
- The fire damage portion of weapons can be further increased by wearing the Fire Clutch Ring.
- Fire also has an additional stun, stagger or knockdown effect against most enemies. This is most notable on Lycanthrope Hunters, Pus of Man, Starved Hounds and Corpse-Grubs.
- The Fire Gem, along with Deep Gem, can raise elemental defense for shields.
- The burial gift description states that it is used for upgrading fire weapons when it is actually used only for the initial infusion.