One of the spells left behind by the young sorcerer Sulyvahn before leaving the Painted World. Creates a cloud of near-freezing mist.
Sulyvahn was born and raised inside the painting, yet had little use for his frigid homeland, since he had not yet experienced loss.
- Found in Painted World of Ariandel: From the Depths of the Painting bonfire, head left past the Icy Giant Crab and past the Tree Women until arriving in an enclosed icy area with a single smouldering Tree Woman guarding a body with the spell on it.
- Fextralife Video Location
- Fextralife Video: Snap Freeze in action
- Video Location
- Releases a cloud of icy mist in front of the caster, which builds up Frostbite on foes.
- Frost buildup is unaffected by the caster's Intelligence.
- The freeze effect will deal damage equal to around 15% of the victim's max health, as well as provide a damage weakness and stamina regeneration debuff for the duration of its effect. This makes it incredibly useful.
- Because the clouds last for a while, it is possible to apply multiple frostbite procs on a single target if fire damage is used.
- Since frostbite effect on the target is reset when struck with any kind of fire damage, this spell can be used in tandem with Fire Surge to deal surprising amounts of damage for low FP cost. Do note however that you would need to use two catalysts at the same time.
- Bosses such as Oceiros and Dragonslayer Armour are really susceptible to Frostbite. This spell guarantees its application when used against them.
- The sound will oddly stop abruptly if the player drinks an Estus Flask immediately after casting this spell, even though this doesn't happen for any other action.
- "Snap Freeze" is a term for the process of rapidly cooling a substance, typically for the purpose of preservation.