One of the spells left behind by the young
sorcerer Sulyvahn before leaving the Painted
World. Creates a cloud of near-freezing mist.
Sulyvahn was born and raised inside the painting,
yet had little use for his frigid homeland, since he
had not yet experienced loss.
- Found in Painted World of Ariandel: from the Depths of the Painting bonfire, head left past the Giant Crabs and past the Tree Women until arriving in an enclosed icy area with a singular Smoldering Tree Woman guarding a body with the spell on it.
- Fextralife Video Location
- Fextralife Video: Snap Freeze in action
- Video Location
- Releases a cloud of icy mist which builds up Frostbite on foes.
- Frost buildup is unaffected by the caster's Intelligence.
- "Snap Freeze" is a term for the process of rapidly cooling a substance, typically for the purpose of preservation.
- The sound will oddly stop abruptly if the player drinks an Estus Flask immediately after casting this spell, even though this doesn't happen for any other action.