Great Magic Weapon is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Great Magic Weapon
"Sorcery which improves upon Magic Weapon. Greatly reinforces right weapon with magic.
Only sorcerer-swordsmen with special duties are permitted use of this spell. The azure blade is said to cut down heavily armored knights with ease.
- Found in: Road of Sacrifices near the shortcut door to Farron Keep: From the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire, turn around 180 and head towards the shortcut gate to Road of Sacrifices. The spell will be on a corpse at the gate near the Ravenous Crystal Lizard.
- Video of playthrough showing location
- Adds (Spell Buff * 0.85) in Magic damage to the weapon attack rating.
- Damage is applied each time the enemy is hit with the weapon, regardless of the damage of the attack performed.
- The damage bonus is affected by the Magic Clutch Ring (+15% in PvE, +8% in PvP) and Crown of Dusk (10%).
- Lasts 60 seconds, and can be lengthened by the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- Young Dragon Ring and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring do not modify weapon buff spells.
- A few weapons and weapon arts have hidden multipliers that slightly lower the buff's damage per hit.
Namely, Daggers and Twinblades display this adjustment.
Regardless, the buffs always remain efficient.