Great Deep Soul is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery, you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorcery.
Great Deep Soul
Sorcery which improves upon Deep Soul. Fires powerful darkened soul dregs
Archdeacon McDonnell, a sorcerer himself, delighted in the cathedral's stagnating souls. For him, they represented the glorious bedrock of this world.
- This spell deals dark damage, and as such will be slightly more powerful when cast with the Izalith Staff with high Intelligence and Faith.
- A pure Intelligence build with no Faith investment can still cast this spell with any other staff, and it will only deal 30-50 less damage.
- To maximize the dps this spell can put out, you can use Scholar's Candlestick in your offhand while two-handing the Izalith Staff. Use Sacred Oath (damage buff) and Deep Protection (stamina regen buff)
in conjunction with the Young Dragon Ring, Bellowing Dragon Ring, Dark Clutch Ring, and Chloranthy Ring. As this spell drains more stamina than FP, the stamina regen bonuses are pivotal in being able to spam this spell. After all Miracles buffs are applied, activate the Steady Chant Skill and start casting Great Deep Soul.
- Only a maximum of 2 dark balls can be present at a time.
- This spell is great for catching people that are running away from you because of the decent tracking and relatively slow speed which gets faster the farther it travels.