Great Magic Shield is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Great Magic Shield
Sorcery which improves upon Magic Shield. Greatly reinforces left shield with magic.
Only sorcerer-swordsmen with special duties are permitted the use of this spell, which temporarily grants even the smallest of shields fortitude more akin to that of a greatshield.
- Dropped from the Corpse-grub in its cell inside Irithyll Dungeon near the first bonfire. To get there, head straight out from the first bonfire and drop down to the lower level. The cell containing the grub will be to your left, as well as one of the jailers (video location).
- Adds 35 Stability and enough Absorption that any shield in the game can block 100% of all damage (e.g. Buckler will block all Lightning damage even with base Lightning absorption of 11%, which is the lowest of any absorption value on any shield). Shields with at least 65 Stability will reach 100 Stability, resulting in blocking depleting no stamina, including from kicks.
- Can't be used with a catalyst in the left hand to buff a shileld equipped in the right hand.
- Simple & Blessed infused Shields CAN be buffed with this and the regular Magic Shield sorcery
- Lasts 39 seconds with the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring equipped.
- The effect will dissipate if you two-hand your right weapon or switch the shield out. You can still buff your right hand weapon with the use of resins.