Warcry is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Warcry
- Reinforced Club
- Large Club
- Great Club
- Hand Axe
- Battle Axe
- Brigand Axe
- Dragonslayer's Axe
- Man Serpent Hatchet
- Crescent Axe
- Black Knight Greataxe
- Yhorm's Great Machete
- Millwood Battle Axe
Notes & Information
- It stuns all nearby enemies and provides a ~8.3% physical damage-boosting buff that lasts 30 seconds.
- Actives special charged heavy attack animations while active.
- The stun effect is a minor form of Force with a very small AoE range.
- The damage boost is applied as a weapon buff, and will overwrite other ATK boosting spells and resins, like Magic Weapon and Carthus Flame Arc.
- When used without FP, the animation no longer stuns and the damage boost is minor to non existent but the special, charged, heavy attacks can stil be used. Characters without any investment in FP can still benefit greatly from Warcry as most special attacks are very useful in PVE and PVP alike.
- Using Warcry on the Crescent Axe causes the its strong attack halberd swings to turn into the overhead slams used by most greataxes.
- Millwood Battle Axe's version of Warcry is a charge forward and leap that stuns the opponent. To counter this in PVP or PVE, block when the enemy is charging at you. This will prevent you for being stunned. Can also be parried.
- Warcry is only effective for the weapon which used it. If another weapon is in the offhand it will not gain the damage buff.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I don't wanna be that guy, but 10% increase is like... Forgettable.
Warcry can stop jumping attacks!
Warcry have no hyperarmor nor poise and is therefore absolutely useless. On top of that, the alternate animations leave one open. Let me party instead of getting crappy WAs that I never use .
Im not sure if its just with the Greataxe but when I use warcry I have gotten a small increase in the number of souls I get on the enemies. Anyone know if its just Greataxe?
It does seem to activate a poise increase or "hyperarmor" for the R2 attacks.
It apparently also gives a BS behind-the-back hitbox to leap attacks.
Does Warcry increase the damage of elemental damage? Say I have a Dark Crescent Axe, will Warcry boost the dark damage?
Does Warcry stack with Sacred Oath?
Does War cry give hyper armor? Or activate poise. I always get interrupted even with war cry.
Does the damage buff still take effect if switch to another weapon?
The Serpent Hatchet, dropped by the Man-serpents wielding them in Archdragon Peak, also has Warcry.
Can it be that the Buff only aplies to physical damage? Deep Battleaxe +2 - 241 Before 251 after against Club + 0 119 Before/ 129 After ? Either it's a Flat + 10 Dmg or it only Scales with the 120 physical dmg (same as club) on The Axe
Is it % based or a flat damage buff?
But can this be increased I wonder ?
Just a friendly reminder it's yhorms with a high :)
How do you do it??
This also modifies the strong attack both one handed and two handed. this was tested using the great axe but can be apparent in many different weapons. it also provides a slight damage buff.