Warcry is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Warcry
- Reinforced Club
- Large Club
- Great Club
- Hand Axe
- Battle Axe
- Brigand Axe
- Dragonslayer's Axe
- Man Serpent Hatchet
- Crescent Axe
- Black Knight Greataxe
- Yhorm's Great Machete
- Millwood Battle Axe
Notes & Information
- It stuns all nearby enemies and provides a ~10% physical damage-boosting buff that lasts 30 seconds.
- Actives special charged heavy attack animations while active.
- The stun effect is a minor form of Force with a very small AoE range.
- The damage boost is applied as a weapon buff, and will overwrite other ATK boosting spells and resins, like Magic Weapon and Carthus Flame Arc.
- When used without FP, the animation no longer stuns and the damage boost is minor to non existent but the special, charged, heavy attacks can stil be used. Characters without any investment in FP can still benefit greatly from Warcry as most special attacks are very useful in PVE and PVP alike.
- Using Warcry on the Crescent Axe causes the its strong attack halberd swings to turn into the overhead slams used by most greataxes.
- Millwood Battle Axe's version of Warcry is a charge forward and leap that stuns the opponent. To counter this in PVP or PVE, block when the enemy is charging at you. This will prevent you for being stunned. Can also be parried.
- Warcry is only effective for the weapon which used it. If another weapon is in the offhand it will not gain the damage buff.