Ember is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Ember
- Firelink Greatsword
- Ringed Knight Straight Sword
- Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords
- Ringed Knight Spear
Notes & Information
- Ember (Firelink Greatsword) swings the sword down and causes a streak of fire to run across the ground. Once the fire shoots, the sword will be engulfed in flames, adding 80 fire damage for 45 seconds. The flame projectile can inflict up to two ticks of damage, however due to i-frames granted during knockdowns, it is only likely to do one against player characters/NPC phantoms.
- Both the sword and fire can hit at the same time, causing massive damage.
- For the Firelink Greatsword It's best to free aim the Weapon Art, as the opponent can see where you're aiming and dodge it easily if you're locked on.
- The Ringed Knight weapons also have the Skill but are completely different.
- The Firelink Greatsword causes thrust counter frames right before the blade is swung down.
- The Ringed Knight Straight Sword causes thrust counter frames whenever it is swinging, with a slight lapse before the swing during the third light attack and a small lapse before the player slams the blade down during the second heavy attack.
- The Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords cause thrust counter frames as soon as it launches the projectile, after the player thrusts with the follow up light attack, and when (not after) the player slams the ground with the follow up strong attack.
- The Ringed Knight Spear cause thrust counter frames that start about a second before the player would hit and continue with small lapses between each extension as the player extends the weapon art.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Damn i wished the firelink greatsword's weapon art is like soul of cinder's phase 2 combo or ringed knight straight sword's
I wish the Ember for the Firelink Greatsword is similar to that of Soul of Cinder 2nd phase, which activates quicker and extends the blade length.
"It's best to free aim the Weapon Art, as the opponent can see where your aiming and dodge it easily if you're locked on.".... "YOUR aiming". Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the grammar!
Darn I thought this skill literally let players ember up without wasting an actual ember.
Such complete page