|17/ 20 (Straight Swords/Greatswords)
Stance is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Stance
- Barbed Straight Sword
- Anri's Straight Sword
- Astora Straight Sword
- Irithyll Straight Sword
- Lothric Knight Sword
- Long Sword
- Broken Straight Sword
- Morion Blade
Notes & Information
- The stance for Straight Swords and Greatswords have a guard breaking upword slash for the R1, and an upward stab for the R2.
- The stance for Piercing Swords have a backstep dodge into a lunging thrust for the R1, and the R2 are several fast thrusts.
- Stance R2s can be quickly followed up by stance R1s.
- It is possible to unleash a Straight Sword stance combo by alternating between light attack and strong attack while holding the stance button, such as R1 R2 R1 or R2 R1 R2 while holding L2.
- The Straight Sword stance R2 has a substantial amount of poise.
- During Straight Sword and Greatsword stance R2s, incoming damage is reduced by half.
Game is so obtuse with its story, it forces people to read. It's hilariously dumb that amount of people who use shields in 2021 yet get guard-broken by the R1 is a non-zero number.
ah, so stance r2s are actually just op
I never land this move lol
Can the SS/GS stance R1s break greatshields with 70 stability?
10/10 would get parryed again lol
Flamberge WA R2 is super powerful, more than it should be. Not gonna get patched in 2019, just saying that weapon deserves more love
The Stance r1 is parriable.
One of the best and most versitile wa in the game, 2nd only to the true combo wa's and preserverance. Guard break decimates shields, lunge can be used as spacing mix-ups. And ofc it's on a straightsword... As if straightswords didn't need more power.
Forgot to mention that for some reason you take reduced damage. Because apparently a SS need a WA that has hyper armor and damage reduction.
Has to be one of the best skills in dark souls 3 with a 100% protect weapon art shield and a straight sword.
There's a little trick for the stance weapon skill, if you hold L2 while using the weapon skill, you can go for R1 R2 R1 or R2 R1 R2 combo, and that can eat away half of your human opponent's health if at least 2 hits connected.
i was able to enter stance while having shield+greatsword, now i have to equip it in both hands to enter stance. sad
hands down the best skill in the entire game
It's pretty useless most of the time in pvp since alot of people don't bother with shields, and the rest of the time it's easy to stay out of range.
I've noticed that if I don't have any Fp the guard break doesn't work. It'll do the same animation, but it won't break guard (unless it just happens to wear the stamina down that final bit for a natural guard break)
How do you do this with M&K? Asks a poor guy who has no money to get a controller atm.