Stomp is a Skill in Dark Souls 3.
Weapons That Have Stomp
- Executioner's Greatsword (Twist)
- Greatsword (Twist)
- Cathedral Knight Greatsword (Twist)
- Black Knight Greatsword (Smash)
- Fume Ultra Greatsword (Smash)
- Dark Sword (Launch)
- Bastard Sword (Launch)
- Zweihander (Launch)
- Lothric Knight Greatsword (Launch)
Notes & Information
- Each variation of Stomp gives the player a poise boost and damage reduction. The first part of Stomp also skips the first light attack, allowing the player to use the much faster second light attack swing immediately after pressing the Weapon Art if they wish. This makes it a good defense option and a decent fake out technique. However, the actual move is very slow so it is easily rolled through and punished. Also despite the poise boost it is not impossible for your opponent to disrupt your attack.
- Stomp adds 50 to all absorption stats. Due to the way diminishing returns for absorption works, your absorption during stomp can be calculated as: (Current Absorption ÷ 2) + 50
- There are 3 variations of the follow-up attack: Twist, Launch and Smash.
- The Weapon Skills of Profaned Greatsword and Lorian's Greatsword are variations of Stomp (Launch).
- The Stomp R2 on the Black Knight Greatsword has less recovery frames than the R2 on the Fume Ultra Greatsword despite being the same animation. This allows the user to dodge/attack much faster after the attack.