Untended Graves is a Location in Dark Souls 3. It is reached through the Consumed King's Garden and is an optional area. Shrouded in darkness, but will upon further inspection reveal a familiar place.
- Previous: Consumed King's Garden
- Next: Archdragon Peak
- Recommended Levels: 70 to 85
- Bosses: Champion Gundyr
- Bonfires: Untended Graves,Champion Gundyr
- Items in this area open up Endings
Untended Graves Map
Untended Graves Video Playthrough
NPCs in the area
- Wolf Knight Set (Bought from Shrine Handmaid in Dark Firelink Shrine)
- 02x Titanite Chunk
Keys & Other
- Hornet Ring
- Coiled Sword Fragment
- Eyes of a Fire Keeper
- Hollow's Ashes (If Yoel died)
- Ashen Estus Ring
- Ring of Steel Protection +1 (NG+)
- Life Ring +3 (NG++)
Full Untended Graves Walkthrough
Untended Graves is a hidden, optional area in Dark Souls 3. The area can be accessed via an illusory wall behind a chest after Oceiros, the Consumed King's boss room. The area is a replica of Cemetery of Ash, but shrouded in total darkness and occupied by different enemies. Click here to go to the speedrun section.
Ravenous Crystal Lizards & NPC Invasion
From the Bonfire, proceed forward and head down the path to the left. You will encounter a group of Corvians that you first encountered in Road of Sacrifices guarding an Ashen Estus Ring. Head back in the opposite direction to find Soul of a Crestfallen Knight 1x on a corpse in front of a vessel.
Take a left up the stairs to engauge a fire casting hollow and dog. A corpse ahead will have a Titanite Chunk 1x. Ahead further you will find a another Titanite Chunk just past the stairs. If you head right into the pool here you will encounter some Undead dogs and Cathedral Grave Wardens.
Head out the center path, following it to the left up the hill. This will trigger invasion by dark spirit Daughter of Crystal Kriemhild. Defeat her and proceed down the path to the left. Down the drop in the corner, you will find a corpse with Hidden Blessing 1x. Defeat the remaining hollows and step into the arena. The Sword Master can be summon at the arena entrence for the Champion Gundyr boss fight.
Loot the Dark Firelink Shrine
In this arena you can find the Black Knight Glaive on a corpse by the broken wall. Light the Bonfire and exit via the closed double doors. Take the path to the right up to find a Black Knight with a greataxe, and beyond another with a greatsword.
To the left of the Shrine's entrace, head up the series of stairs and another Black Knight will attack from the right. Kill it and head to the top of the stairs to find the Chaos Blade where the Sword Master spawned in the normal Firelink Shrine. Head back down the path hugging the left to go up some stairs. At the top you will find a corpse with Soul of a Crestfallen Knight 1x. In the graves in the grass in front of this area (where the dog spawns in normal Firelink) you will see a Black Knight guarding a Hornet Ring on a corpse.
Make your way into the entrance to dark Firelink Shrine. Approach the vessel where the bonfire would be to find Coiled Sword Fragment 1x. If you head down the hallway you will find an alternate version of the Shrine Handmaid. She has a unique inventory: Wolf Knight Set, Priestess Ring, and 2x Ember. Inside the shrine you can find the Blacksmith Hammer where Andre would be. If you head down the hallway where Irina had been you will come to an Illusory Wall. Beyond you will find Eyes of a Fire Keeper. In NG+2 behind the throne of Prince Lothric (largest and centermost throne), you can find the Life Ring +3. You can also find Hollow Ashes on the hollow sitting where Yoel is located (if you have not progressed Yoel's Quest line). Upstairs and outside, there may be a Seed of a Giant Tree.
When you are finished exploring, you may port out via a bonfire, Homeward Bone, or your newly found Coiled Sword Fragment to continue your journey.
- This seems to be a alternate version of the cemetery of Ash where the Flame has already been extinguished and the Age of Dark is already upon the world. According to Champion Gundyr's soul description it seems like he was the unkindled one destinted to link the Flame, but awoke too late and the world had already plunged into the Age of Dark. Perharps this place serves as a warning for future unkindled champions of what would happen if they choose to extingush the flame.
- After talking to the Alternate Shrine Handmaiden return to Firelink Shrine and when you talk to her again she will ponderingly say "Wait, haven't I met you before?" before continuing with her regular dialog.
- Interestingly, and perhaps with lore significance, messages left here - be it in the graveyards, boss arena, or dark shrine - show up in the 'regular' versions as well, and vice versa. For example, leave a message in the dark shrine, and return to the Firelink Shrine. You will find this same message in the same location.
- Geographically, the area is still in the correct location. In this case, you have merely walked to the graves, rather than "woke up" or bonfire-warp to them.
- The tower key can be bought in this dimension, but the tower behind the dark shrine cannot be accessed; the door is noninteractive. Also the ladder is absent.
- You can still jump onto the shrine's roof using the tree behind the shrine. The Crow's nest on the rafters is absent.
- If you havent previously gone through the illusory wall or gotten the Silver Serpent Ring, doing so in Dark Firelink will do the same in normal Firelink.
- In the menu to quit the game where the character's profile appears with time played, the location will be "cemetery of Ash" and not "Untended Graves".
- From technical point of view Cementary and this location are the same. If you "noclip" (cheat allowing flying and ignoring collison) from your starting location in Cementary of Ash you will arrive at Oceiros boss room. If you try to return from there you will arrive at Untended Graves. Do note that under normal circumstances you can leave Cementary of Ash only through bonfire warping.
Untended Graves Videos
TheGadgetAddicts: Untended Graves Video Walkthrough
Starting from the Oceiros bonfire, follow the hallway until you find an item on the ground. pick it up, as it will allow you to access Archdragon Peak. Keep going and roll into the illusory wall immediatly behind the chest. follow the wall to the left to prevent fall damage, and then light the bonfire. Keep running, and if you need 4 titanite scales take a right where the ravenous crystal lizard was in Cemetary of Ash. keep going straight as if you were going to the Iudex fight. Enter the arena, and kill Champion Gundyr. Afterwards, open the door and head to where firelink shrine would be. In the bonfire pit, you will find the coiled sword fragment.