Hornet Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
- Increases critical damage by 30%, as well as some changes to the Motion Values of certain ripostes and backstabs
- Motion Values are modifiers to AR that are associated with the attack being used.
- Physical damage types are only boosted by 17% in PvE.
- Dark damage as a whole does not benefit from this increase in PvP, however it works as it should in PvE.
- Chaos infusions do NOT gain any bonus damage when compared to other infusions, the fact that Dark damage is bugged coupled with the generally high damage of Dark/Chaos weapons is what makes it a strong option.
- For example, if a Sharp Dagger gains more AR than a Chaos Dagger on a specific build, the Sharp Dagger will do more damage on riposte.
- Weight: 1.1
- Found at Dark Firelink Shrine after Champion Gundyr in the Untended Graves. Keep right as you move up, the pathway is about level with the entrance to the Shrine. It is guarded by a Black Knight.
- Only appear after Abyss Watchers have been defeated.
- You must defeat the Abyss Watchers for the ring to appear.
- On enemy players or NPC invaders this ring changes the riposte animation to 2-3 hits instead of just one, the overall damage increase seems to be higher than 30% in that case, needs confirmation.
- Has no affect on Champion Gundyr
- The ring is found in front of a tombstone with a Farron Greatsword leaning against it. The same location where Hawkwood is praying, and later where his shield can be found, in Firelink Shrine.