Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls 3.
Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring
- Masks the sound of its wearer.
- Weight: 0.7
- Given by Orbeck of Vinheim after you purchase Aural Decoy, Farron Flashsword, Pestilent Mist and Spook.
- Helpful in PvP situations where the player may have to jump down to get to an enemy. This masks their footsteps so that the player won't hear them coming.
- Can also be used in PvE for getting easier backstabs on enemies as they can't hear your foosteps.
- Like Spook, this ring works great with Hidden Body to allow for repeated backstabs.
- Also hides the visual effects of some spells on your character, notably Tears of Denial
This ring has appeared in all 3 Dark Souls games.
- It seems as though using certain heavy weapons can nullify the sound masking effect for NPCs, allowing them to detect you at a longer distance.