Avelyn is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
An extremely rare rapid-firing crossbow.
Fires three successive bolts by means of an elaborate mechanism. Inflict heavy damage by making all three shots count.
Despite its use as a weapon, this crossbow is also a priceless work of art, and it bears resemblance to a musical instrument.
Lunge into a shoulder tackle, pushing back enemies to create distance.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Buffed or Infused.
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- Is severly outclassed in terms of raw damage and range, beating beaten out by every Crossbow by 100+ AR and 10-20+ range. However, the Avelyn has the advantage of firing off 3 times in quick succession, making it very effective at close range and a nice quick and easy damage dealer
- Individual shots of the burst are weak, however if all three shots land on the target it deals the most damage of any Crossbow with every ammo type.
Location/Where to Find
- Found in the Grand Archives. Climb the first shortcut ladder or pass through the very dark room where you can also find Power Within. Then go up the first flight of stairs and across the balcony with a broken railing at the end where a single Scholar is standing. Drop down onto the bookshelf below and then roll off these onto bookshelves even further below. (video location)
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)