Watchdogs of Farron is a Covenant in Dark Souls 3.
Ancient medallion depicting the crest of a wolf. Symbolizes the pact with the Old Wolf of Farron. Equip to pledge oneself to the Watchdogs of Farron.
The Watchdogs ensure that the warriors sleep in serenity, by taking the form of loyal spirits and hunting down those who would trespass the woods of Farron.
Summoning takes place automatically while this is equipped."
Watchdogs of Farron Information
- You must obtain the item: Watchdogs of Farron and equip it.
- Farron Keep: Pray to the Old Wolf of Farron
- Video location (fextralife video starting at 1h 23m 34s)
Effects of covenant
- While the item is equipped, be summoned as a loyal spirit to defeat intruders.
- Your summons are subject to the matchmaking formula as seen below. It is much easier to be summoned if you keep a low level (25) and do not upgrade your weapons past +3.
- If facing problems being summoned (taking too long or never), try standing outside the Abyss Watchers Boss room. This pre-boss area seems like a hot-spot for Farron summons. I've tested it and it seems the more I tried to farm Wolf's Blood Swordgrass from Ghrus the more summons I got. Note: Beware of incoming Darkwraiths.
- Farron phantoms are blue with a red tint.
- You can be summoned even if you're out of the Farron Territory (as long as the symbol of the covenant is flashing-white you can be summoned).
- You won't be nessecarliy summoned to poisened swamps of Farron Keep and you could be summoned to clean swamps of Crucifixion Woods. This proves that Halfway Fortress & Crucifixion Woods Bonfires are part of Farron Keep & area.
- In extremely rare cases (most likely dependant on player level), you might be summoned to the Undead Settlement.
- Farron Spirits will invade only hosts that haven't yet defeated the area boss, they don't have to be human though.
- Warning: There is a bug with the rank rewards. If you turn-in on the same time as being summoned, you might lose the reward (you can get it on the next level)
- The Matchmaking Formula is Covenant Dependent:
|Summoning a White Phantom, Warrior of Sunlight, Mound-Maker or no covenant||Host - 10 - (Host * 0.1)||Host + 10 + (Host * 0.1)|
|Territorial Invasions by: Watchdogs of Farron or Aldrich Faithful||Host - 20 - (Host * 0.2)||Host + (Host * 0.1)|
- (Addendum: Prior to this patch version (1.03), it was possible for a bug to occur after defeating the Abyss Watchers which would prevent interaction with the wolf, which lead to speculation that it had been killed.)
- The Watchdogs of Farron, as well as The Abyss Watchers, appear to be a tribute to Bloodborne.
Ranks are obtained by giving the Old Wolf obtained Wolf's Blood Swordgrass. These are acquired from defeating enemies you have been summoned to via the Covenant emblem, or as possible drops from Ghru Grunts and Elders. The rank requirements are additive, meaning you only have to earn a total of 30, not 10 and then another 30, to obtain all covenant rewards.
|1||10||Old Wolf Curved Sword|
|2||30||Wolf Knight's Greatshield & Wolf Ring|
Covenant: Watchdogs of Farron
Discover Watchdogs of Farron covenant.