A lost dragonslaying miracle.
Strikes with a stake of lightning.
This tale describes the lost practices of ancient dragonslayers, who found that in order to pierce dragonscale, lightning should not be hurled as a bolt, but rather be thrust as a stake directly into the dragon's hide, to be truly effective.
- This miracle causes the player to summon a lightning bolt then stab it into the ground in front of them. Has a small AOE radius, but does large amounts of damage if the enemy is struck directly with the stake.
- Works well with Spear-Type miracles in PVP. Because the initial casting animation is identical to the regular Great Lightning Spear animation, it can be good for tricking opponents into rolling into a high damage stake, or getting caught by a long ranged spear.
- Does the same damage as Lightning Spear on a poor hit. 200% damage on a good hit and 300% damage on a perfect hit.
- A perfect Lightning Stake deals 55% more damage than a perfect melee Lightning Spear.
- Sped up in Regulation 1.08 and in Patch 1.11, and now uses the Dark Edge casting animation.
- Approx 1.3 seconds to cast at max casting speed.
- Very useful for catching foes using Quickstep since the AOE will catch them.
- Deals (spell buff x 1.3) damage up to 3 times in a single cast.