Black Knight Greataxe is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Greataxe of the black knights who wander the lands. Used to face chaos demons.
The unique attack of this axe greatly reduces enemy poise, reflecting the tremendous size of the enemies that the knights have fearlessly faced.
Let out a spirated warcry that temporarily boosts attack, and enables a special consecutive strong attack.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Buffed or Infused.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Deals 20% bonus damage vs. demons.
- The one hand R2 and leaping attacks are capable of flattening some enemies.
- A fully charged two-handed R2 will launch enemies.
- Attacks where you drag the weapon could get caught in certain terrain.
- With 40STR and 40DEX, this weapon has 647 AR. (As of patch 1.07)
- Has the most unique moveset out of all the Greataxes.
- The 2H R2 deal more poise damage than any other weapon in this class. This applies to the other Black Knight weapons as well.
Location/Where to Find
- Dropped by Black Knights wielding Greataxe. (One such Knight is near the bonfire Demon Ruins in Smouldering Lake, while another two are located in the Untended Graves, near the bonfire Champion Gundyr.)
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
- The weapon art alters the strong attacks into a relatively quick, multi-hit chain that lunges forward and deals high damage.
- The leaping strike of the one hand R2 is shorter ranged than its Dark Souls 1 counterpart, but has a stunning effect on enemies near the impact that aren't in range of the damage.
- Black Knight Greataxe moveset
Black Knight Greataxe Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)