White Hair Talisman is a Talisman in Dark Souls 3.
Talisman made from a lock of white hair.
This lock of hair belonged to a deformed member of the chaos witches, mothers of the art of pyromancy. Fashioned into a talisman, it enables the wielder to cast both miracles and pyromancies.
Creates a powerful flame in the wielder's hand. One of the most basic pyromancies, and for this reason, the flame created is fierce. Works while equipped in either hand.
Notes and Tips
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Twinkling Titanite.
- Can cast Pyromancies and Miracles
- Even though this talisman scales with both Intelligence and Faith, it does very little damage when casting dark spells. It is better suited to casting normal pyromancies and miracles.
- Either due to a bug or by design, this talisman's Intelligence scaling will not apply to any pyromancies cast with it unless your Intelligence stat is equal to or higher than your Faith stat.
- The talisman at +5 has a break point in damage inflicted by fireball, fire orb, Great chaos fire orb and balck fire orb at 25 intelligence: the aforementioned spells get a sudden 30-40% boost, the same way the pyromancy flame gets a 90% boost on the same spells at 18 intelligence (video demonstration). Note that all other pyromancies are unaffected by this breakpoint, including Chaos Bed Vestiges despite its relative similarity with the orb-like spells affected by the breakpoint.
- The weapon art Combustion is noticeably weaker than the pyromancy flame at same stats: damage dealt is around half.
- Miracles cast with this talisman will only scale with Faith, and gain nothing from Intelligence. Dark miracles will scale with both, but they will be abnormally weak.
- Ultimately less potent than a properly upgraded pyromancy flame in terms of damaging spells, making this talisman better suited to cast buffs such as Power Within or Carthus Beacon, alongside more standard miracles.
- At 60 INT and 60 FTH it has a spellbuff of 200.
Location/Where to Find
- Looted from a corpse at the back of a lava pit behind an illusory wall in a room with a few rats in Smouldering Lake.
Tips for Traversing the Lava
- Once your fire resistance is high enough, you'll be able to drink Estus faster than you'll lose health.
- Use any combination of high fire resist armor, Flash Sweat pyromancy(+30%), Red Bug Pellets (+15%), Flame Stoneplate Ring (+13%), Speckled Stoneplate Ring (+5%) Blue Tearstone Ring (+20% at 20%).
- In the End you should get around 66% resistance (73% with Blue Tearstone Ring)
- The description of the item, belonging to a "deformed member of the Chaos Witches", highly suggest that these white hairs could belong to the Fair Lady from Dark Souls I. The fact that this talisman can be used for miracles (basically healing magic) might be a reference to her attempting to heal Eingyi.
- When viewed up close during casting animations where your character's hand is open, you can see the Old Witch's Ring from Dark Souls 1 on it. Image link: http://i.imgur.com/PCU9NkR.jpg
Moveset and Videos
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)