Farron Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Greatsword of the Abyss watchers which is atypically paired with a dagger.
The dagger is utilized as a wedge in the left hand while the greatsword is held in the right, a unique technique that was synonymous with the Undead Legion. Confounds foes the manner of wolves hunting prey.
Deflect an attack when timed properly and follow up with a critical hit, executed with the dagger.
Notes and Tips:
- Can't be Buffed or Infused.
- At +5 with 40 STR/40 DEX, this weapon has 500 AR.
- Does 20% bonus damage against Abyssal foes.
- Upgraded with Titanite Scales.
- The moveset when dual wielding has attacks similar to the Abyss Watchers, and has a 3-attack cycle like all other dual weapons.
- You can chain R1 and L1 attacks. For example: If you do two R1 attacks and then an L1 attack, you'll do the third L1 attack.
- Most of the attacks can be parried.
- The Parry seems to have a very small amount of parrying frames.
- The L1/LB attack is not affected by the weight value.
- The offhand dagger is not compatible with Legion Etiquette gesture regardless whether it is wielded in one hand or two handed. One may consider carrying Brigand Twindaggers on the left hand.
Location/Where to Find
- Created with Soul of the Blood of the Wolf
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Farron Greatsword Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)