Pus of Man
|Enemy Type||Humanoid Abysal|
|Resistances||Dark & Frost|
Pus of Man is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- These seemingly ordinary undead will quickly transform into an abyss-corrupted monstrosity upon spotting the player.
- They appear in High Wall of Lothric, Lothric Castle, and Consumed King's Garden.
- Sweep attacks have wide range and are very dangerous.
- Whenever possible, kill the undead in the 2-3 seconds before it transforms. Its total health will mutiply drastically after transforming, and it will be restored to full health upon successful transformation.
- It is resistant to dark damage, but very weak to fire. After transforming, it will be stunned for several seconds by any source of fire damage, trivializing the encounter. You can easily kill it with Pyromancies, needs only 2 hits with Chaos Bed Vestiges, but be sure that you're aiming the "black serpent" part of the enemy (one hit does about 1500 dmg depending on your build). One firebomb will stun it long enough to get 2-3 free hits in. Fire-infused weapons will achieve the same effect. A torch swing can also do the trick.
- Weak to Farron Greatsword and Wolf Knight's Greatsword
- Its large size makes it easy to hit. Avoid the front.
- Can be fooled with Alluring Skull.
- Can be affected by Rapport both before and after transforming, but applied rapport effect ends immediately upon successful transformation and must be applied again.
- New players encountering these enemies on the High Wall of Lothric who are unsure of their ability to kill the undead before the transformation can find some black firebombs in the area. 3 of them should render the enemy close enough to kill with a couple hits or another normal firebomb.
Notes & Trivia
- The first time you kill the mutated versions in High Wall of Lothric they have a guaranteed drop of 1 Titanite Shard and 1 Ember.
- Dark Souls lore describes the serpent as an imperfect dragon that is symbol of the undead.
- Their abyssal growths also look similar to what is consuming Iudex Gundyr.
- They seems to be aggressive towards invaders, and their attacks can damage invaders.
Untransformed Corrupted Hollow
Are not transformed when you find them
Transformed Corrupted Hollow
Are already transformed when you find them