- The Angel is a large and extremely aggressive aerial based enemy that barrages the player with beams of light that do a considerable amount of damage. Before each volley of projectiles, the Angel will emit a loud scream to indicate an upcoming attack.
- They can also cast a blessing which inflicts curse buildup.
- After completing The Ringed City DLC an Angel will spawn near first bonfire in The Dreg Heap. That version is not aggresive. However, if you killed the Old Stone Humped Hag, it will be agressive and unkillable.
- They are extremely difficult to kill. This hints that they are not meant to be dispatched by the player directly, therefore running and dodging their projectiles is the best course of action.
- If standing too long in spot where angel can't harm him using "arrows", it will inflict curse damage on the player. This is signified by the angel spinning and a golden aura surrounding the player. Cast moment is a good occassion to run to next hideout.
- Use of the Carthus Bloodring and a stamina buff such as Green Blossom is recommended, with the Carthus Bloodring giving more rolling invincibility frames and a higher stamina regeneration rate with the Green Blossom.
- Each angel has a corresponding tree-like pilgrim, killing the pilgrim that is linked to it will defeat the angels permanently. Tree-like pilgrims does not respawn.
- Tree-like pilgrim resurrects them automatically after depleting their health bar. Attacking the Angel without destroying its corresponding Tree-like pilgrim is not advised.
- Hidden body does hide from them.
Notes & Trivia
- The overall design of the Angel is reminiscent of the Moonlight Butterfly from Dark Souls 1 due to it being a winged creature that attacks the player with projectiles of a magical nature (beam damage type unconfirmed as of this time).
- Angels bear some similarities to the Darklurkers from Dark Souls 2.