|Enemy Type||Abnormal Animal|
|Weakness||Bleed, Frost, Fire|
Basilisk is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- These bug-eyed monstrosities spew a green smoke cloud that causes Curse buildup.
- When the Curse meter is full you will die instantly.
- They appear in Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon and Smouldering Lake
- Very fast enemy, even when in the mud.
- Attacks spread fog, which increase Curse build-up, what may end in player's instant death.
- Basilisks clearly signal their attacks and their smoke often needs a second to take effect.
- Unlike Dark Souls II variation, he doesn't deal Physical damage.
- Can be lured?
- Can be Rapported?
- Weak to Fire Damage, Frostbite and Bleed.
- Immune to Poison/Toxic.
- Stacking many curse-resistance items, armors, and spells (Curse Ward Greatshield, Cursebite Ring, Fleshbite Ring, Prayer Set, Antiquated set, Mossfruit, Profuse Sweat) will allow you to effectively facetank any curse buildup and quite safely clear out groups of basilisks.
Notes & Trivia
- Moving behind the Basilisk is usually enough to evade the deadly smoke.
- The large orange-red spheres on their heads are not eyes, but rather an intimidation method show in real life animals today. Real eyes are a pure white and are rather small