|Weakness||Fire, Magic & Bleed|
Elder Ghru is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- These towering beasts share characteristics with the local Ghru but are several times their size.
- They're capable of powerful strikes and can cast swarms of homing missiles.
- Every strike is accompanied by the summoning of homing skulls which inflict damage on hit.
- They're intimidating to look at but take a lot of damage from physical attacks and their health goes down quickly
- Because they'll attack relentlessly and are hard to get away from, it is advised to be aggressive and keep the fight short
- Releases a wide blast wave when dislodging their tree when it gets stuck in the ground, watch for the tree getting stuck lower than usual
- A good strategy is to lure the enemy and place immediatiy behind a swamp bonfire (Not the usual bonfires, this deals fire damage). The Ghru will step into it, won't flinch and it will receive continous damage.
Notes & Trivia
- You can farm the three close by the Ruins Keep Bonfire at Farron Keep. Kill the three beasts, then you can shoot the Elder Ghrus with a bow. It takes a little bit of time, but it nets you a lot of souls quickly.
- The tree they used as a staff is actually a White Birch Tree.
- They loosely resemble Vicar Amelia from Bloodborne.
- The skull projectile they used loosely resembles Executioner's Gloves from Bloodborne.
- If you attack one of their legs enough, they will collapse, and be open for a riposte to the head.
- Black bow of Pharis (Drops from the group of three located outside and to the right of the Keep Ruins bonfire. Can be seen from the bridge.)
- Pharis's Hat (Drops from the group of three located outside and to the right of the Keep Ruins bonfire. Can be seen from the bridge.)
- Stone Greatshield
- Poison Gem (Rare drop)
- Ember (Very rare drop)
- Heavy Gem
|Ruins Keep||NG +6||7681|