Undead Clerics are an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
Grave Wardens are found in the game's beginning area, being the Cemetery of Ash, and therefore are rather weak. They wear dark blue gowns and hooded cloaks, appearing sluggish and seemingly disinterested in their surroundings. They come in different variants, such as ones wielding light crossbows armed with exploding bolts, others wielding broken straight swords, shortswords and even spears.
Some Grave Wardens appear docile, and will seem listless. They either sit down or lean against the mountainous walls adorning the graveyards and the arena. However, they will still attack the player once he/she is in their proximity, and therefore should be engaged nonetheless.
- Grave Wardens wielding weapons such as spears or swords will promptly attack the player with the weapon's basic moveset. For instance, those armed with a shortsword will slash or lunge at the player, while light crossbow enemies will simply fire bolts. Their attacks and behavior are identical to many of the enemies found in the next area, but they usually have lower health and defenses, making them a good warm-up for the High Wall of Lothric.
- This enemy, like most undead, can be lured with an Alluring Skull
- Grave Wardens are affected by the Rapport pyromancy.
Notes & Trivia
- These enemies are part of the tutorial area. They are ideal targets for new players who are unfamiliar with the game's mechanics.
- Judging by the fact that these enemies drop the Cleric's Sacred Chime, they were likely once clerics themselves before hollowing.
- Not to be confused with the much stronger gravewardens in the Cathedral of the Deep and Catacombs of Carthus
Variations & Locations
|Cemetery of Ash (broken sword, crossbow)||59||20||Cleric's Sacred Chime, Fading Soul|
|Cemetery of Ash (straight sword, spear)||88||20||Cleric's Sacred Chime, Fading Soul|