Ravenous Crystal Lizard
These imposing beasts, larger versions of the lizards seen scurrying across perilous Lothric grounds, offer quite a challenge with their large health pool and swift, erratic attack patterns. Their dorsal surface is almost entirely covered by glittering crystals, resembling the familiar spiny defence of a hedgehog, and these crystals are used in some of the creature's most deadly attacks.
Ravenous lizards are just as sought-after as their smaller counterparts, if not more, due to the precious upgrade materials dropped. However, killing one is no small feat and players will need to pay attention or use a particularly stable shield. This beast is present in the game's tutorial area, as tradition calls; there is usually one very difficult creature (see the tutorial Ogres in Dark Souls 2) and this lizard is likely to claim many stubborn lives in the Cemetery of Ash.
- Its attacks are somewhat varied. They include a rolling attack, which is a similar poise-breaker to the Skeleton Wheels and can be deadly.
- Will jump at the player, or use its front legs (it has eight, four of which are unused).
- Uses a crystal-breath attack, which deals Magic damage. It doesn't build up Frost.
- It is highly resistant to Magic and Fire.
- A long stun will signal a riposte opportunity, approach its face and strike to trigger it. Repetitive blows will break its poise.
Notes and Trivia
- These enemies will not respawn after slain.
- All of the enemy drops are fixed.
Variations & Locations
|Cemetery of Ash||1200||4000||Titanite Scale (Fixed Drop)|
|Untended Graves (x2)||2019||10000||Titanite Scale (Fixed Drop)|
|Cathedral of the Deep||1231||5000||Titanite Scale (Fixed Drop)|
|Farron Keep||1231||5000||Titanite Scale (Fixed Drop)|