Titanite Scale is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Reinforces all Soul-Transposed Weapons to +4, with the single exception of the Cleric's Candlestick.
- Also reinforces some other unique weapons listed at the bottom of the page.
- 15 scales required in total to get a weapon to +4:
- 1 scale for +1
- 2 scales for +2
- 4 scales for +3
- 8 scales for +4
- Can be bought from Shrine Handmaiden for 20,000 souls each after obtaining the Dragon Chaser's Ashes from Archdragon Peak.
- 3x Bought from Greirat for 16,000 souls each, if he returns alive from his second expedition. If he doesn't survive, his ashes make the scales purchasable from the shrine maiden. (note: step must be complete, killing Greirat before this step does not give the scales)
- Dropped by Rock Lizard in Archdragon Peak (rare drop).
- 5x at Cemetery of Ash:
- 2x at Farron Keep: dropped by a Giant Crystal Lizard, in the shortcut between the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire and Crucifixion Woods.
- 1x at Cathedral of the Deep: dropped by a Giant Crystal Lizard outside the cathedral down by the moat. At the base of the hall with the giants, there's a door that leads outside. Jump off the ledge and go through the gap to get out and it will be to the right,
- 1x in Smouldering Lake: found in the catacomb maze under the lake, in the room with the Basilisks.
- 1x in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley: found on a corpse before the Silver Knight archers, after the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire. It's on top of the building that hides the entrance to the Water Reserve bonfire.
- 3x in Irithyll Dungeon:
- 3x in Consumed King's Garden:
- 1x found on a corpse under the staircase, in the shortcut area that leads back to the start of the level.
- 2x found in two chests in the same room, after the Oceiros bonfire.
- 4x in Untended Graves: 2x dropped by each of 2 Giant Crystal Lizards in Untended Graves (in the same location as the Lizards in Cemetery of Ash).
- 10x in Lothric Castle:
- 1x found in a chest near the Dragons, guarded by an Outrider Knight.
- 1x found on a corpse under the right hand Dragon (seen from dragon barracks), the dragon has to be killed to reach it.
- 3x dropped by a Mimic chest, at the back of the dark room at the top of the stairs, after the dragons.
- 1x found on the balcony outside the dark room with the mimic. (Temp Video timestamp 1h 11m)
- 1x found in a chest, in the chapel with a shortcut lift, right next to the Dragonslayer Armour boss.
- 3x found in a chest in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant room.
- 13x in Grand Archives:
- 1x found on a body at the top of a bookcase, in the corner of the room with the giant wax basin.
- 1x to the left at the top of the staircase, in the dark room past the large wax basin.
- 1x on top of a bookcase beside the shortcut ladder at the second floor, drop down to it from the balcony above.
- 1x in a corner of the room with the illusory wall hiding the Outrider Knight, past the Crystal Sage's second location.
- 1x behind a bookcase next to the ladder leading down to the bridge, in the room with the illusory wall.
- 2x dropped by a Crystal Lizard on a bookcase near the large wax basin, drop down from the bridge to reach it.
- 3x in a chest in the room with several Scholars above the first shortcut lift, the area where Orbeck's body can be found.
- 3x on a roof outside the Crystal Sage's second location, next to where Greirat's Ashes may appear, jump down to it from the area with the Corvians.
- 9x at Archdragon Peak:
- 2x on 2 separate corpses, up the left stairs after the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum bonfire, on the outside near a Rock Lizard.
- 1x from a corpse up the stairs from the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum bonfire, outside of where two Serpent Men ambush the player.
- 3x in a chest near a Crystal Lizard right before the second Wyvern, before the Great Belfry bonfire.
- 3x dropped by the Wyvern past the Dragon-Kin Mausoleum.
- The Ringed City:
- Rare drop from Ringed Knight
Titanite Scales are also used to reinforce the following non-soul transposed weapons/shields:
- Crescent Moon Sword
- Curse Ward Greatshield
- Dragonrider Bow
- Dragon Tooth
- Sage's Crystal Staff
- Shield of Want
- Tailbone Short Sword
- Tailbone Spear
- Storm Ruler
- Dragonhead Shield
- Dragonhead Greatshield
- It looks very similar to demon titanite from Dark Souls, and also serves the same purpose.
- It costs 300,000 Souls to purchase 15 titanite scales, which is the required amount to upgrade to + 4.
| Blessed Gem | | Blood Gem | | Chaos Gem | | Crystal Gem | | Dark Gem | | Deep Gem | | Farron Coal | | Fire Gem | | Giant's Coal | | Heavy Gem | | Hollow Gem | | Lightning Gem | | Player Trade | | Poison Gem | | Profaned Coal | | Raw Gem | | Refined Gem | | Sage's Coal | | Sharp Gem | | Shriving Stone | | Simple Gem | | Titanite Chunk | | Titanite Shard | | Titanite Slab | | Transposing Kiln |