Simple Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Infuse into a weapon to make it Simple.
- Simple weapons have Intelligence scaling, deal magic damage and restore FP while the weapon/shield is held in hand.
- Irithyll Dungeon on a corpse across the bridge, immediately on the left when going down the stairs, next to 3 jailers and some cage spiders.
- One dropped by crystal lizard above Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire (which is found by taking the one pathway leading opposite to an elevator shortcut before Anor Londo). It's where the fire-casting undead are at.
- Simple Gems can be farmed from the Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon.
- Requires the Giant's Coal in order to start infusing weapons.
- FP restoration is not affected by Intelligence, Faith, or Attunement values.
- According to my testing, the base regeneration is 1FP/5 seconds, going down 0.217 seconds per every upgrade level. At +10 it gives 0.35FP/sec (1FP every 2.85 secs). 0.7 FP/sec if in both hands.
- It is possible to stack FP regen by equiping a Simple infused weapon or shield in each hand, however the regen appears to differ between equipment and thus is difficult to record in this manner.
- As weapon skills do not actually require the full amount of FP to use, Simple infusions are extraordinarily helpful to continue using your weapon skills with maximum effectiveness. For weapons that suffer greatly without any remaining FP, a Simple infused offhand can allow continuous use of weapon skills. Although, keep in mind that weapon arts requiring multiple instances of FP consumption won't fully work, as you won't have enough FP to use the second part of the skill. (Patched as of 1.05/1.08: Skills now require half focus points for use)
- It may be a good idea to infuse a parrying item (such as the Buckler, Parrying Dagger, or Caestus in the offhand) with the Simple gem, as you are unlikely to use these items to block actual attacks in a PvP scenario. Therefore, you sacrifice a very small amount of damage absorption in exchange for a small FP regen buff.
| Blessed Gem | | Blood Gem | | Chaos Gem | | Crystal Gem | | Dark Gem | | Deep Gem | | Farron Coal | | Fire Gem | | Giant's Coal | | Heavy Gem | | Hollow Gem | | Lightning Gem | | Player Trade | | Poison Gem | | Profaned Coal | | Raw Gem | | Refined Gem | | Sage's Coal | | Sharp Gem | | Shriving Stone | | Titanite Chunk | | Titanite Scale | | Titanite Shard | | Titanite Slab | | Transposing Kiln |