Intelligence is a character attribute in Dark Souls 3. This attribute is required to cast sorceries and pyromancies and also boosts Magic Defense.
"Attribute required to cast sorceries and pyromancies. Increases spell potency. (Pyromancy is affected by both faith and intelligence.) Magic defense is also calculated from this attribute."
- For weapons that scale with Intelligence, there is a soft cap at 40, a sharper cap at 60, and a hard cap at 99.
- Spell damage from Intelligence has a soft cap at 40, a sharper cap at 60, and a hard cap at 99.
- Sorcery effectiveness is governed by Intelligence.
- Pyromancy spell effectiveness is governed by both Intelligence and Faith.
- Dark Miracle spell effectiveness is governed by both Intelligence and Faith.
- For each point of Intelligence you recieve 1.1 Magic Defense, 0.4 in all other defenses, and 0.2 in all resistances.
- A character requires 50 Intelligence to cast every Sorcery in the game.