Jailers are an enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- Holds a lantern, when lantern emits red light the player's max health slowly decreases while in their line of sight. Max health remains lowered for a short time, lasts roughly 20 seconds.Health will not be restored when max health returns to normal.
- Rolling with the Carthus Milkring also stops health drain for a duration of invisiblity.
- Wields a brand as a melee weapon.
- You can find Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon
- Souls: NG (700), NG+ (2,100), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Weapons: Soldering Iron
- Armor: Jailer Set
- Other: Simple Gem
- Their irons inflict an additional curse that can decrease your maximum health even further (to 1) and lowers your maximum equipment load.
- Their stabs are quickly followed by a kind of grab that is sure to kill you if your health's been lowered.
- Roll backwards whenever you've been attacked.
- Weak to Lightning Damage.
- Weak against Thrust. Use spears, halberds, rapiers, and a sword's thrusting attack to effectively damage them.
- Strong against Standard , Magic and ?? damage.
- Rolling towards Jailers when they are close baits their thrust attack and positions yourself behind them, giving you the perfect oppurtunity for a counter attack.
- The lantern's life drain effect slows down once a certain health threshold is reached, and slows down even further as your HP drops closer to 1.
- Black Firebombs and Great Chaos Fire Orb will knock them down, allowing you to quickly close distance on them, or get away.
- Immune to Rapport
- When not in aggro, the Jailer can be distracted by throwing an object (throwing knife etc.) A good strategy for easy backstabs.
- The Jailer design is based off of the Mindflayer from Demon's Souls who ring a bell rather than hold a lantern, the Dungeon is also heavily based on Latria.