|Weakness||Thrust, Lightning, Frost|
Jailers are an enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- Holds a lantern, when lantern emits red light the player's max health slowly decreases while within line of sight. Max health remains lowered for a short time, lasts roughly 20 seconds. Health will not be restored when max health returns to normal.
- Wields a soldering iron as a melee weapon.
- You can find Jailers in Irithyll Dungeon
- Souls: NG (700), NG+ (2,100), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Weapons: Soldering Iron
- Armor: Jailer Set
- Other: Simple Gem
- Health - 720 (NG)
- Their irons inflict an additional curse that prevents you from drinking estus and increases your equip load.
- Their stabs are quickly followed by a kind of grab that will knock you on the ground and do a lot of damage to you.
- Weak to Lightning Damage, Thrust and Frost.
- Affected by Bleed.
- Jailers are very easy to knock down. You can either use big weapons, charged attacks or strong spells to easily stun them and kill them.
- Resistant to Magic damage.
- Rolling towards Jailers when they are close baits their thrust attack and positions yourself behind them, giving you the perfect opportunity for a counter attack.
- The lantern's life drain effect slows down once a certain health threshold is reached, and slows down even further as your HP drops closer to 1.
- Rolling with the Carthus Milkring stops the health drain for a duration of invisiblity.
- Black Firebombs and Great Chaos Fire Orb will knock them down, allowing you to quickly close distance on them, or get away.
- Immune to Rapport
- Can be lured.
- When not in aggro, the Jailer can be distracted by throwing an object (throwing knife etc.) A good strategy for easy backstabs.
- The Jailer design is based off of the Mind Flayer from Demon's Souls who ring a bell rather than hold a lantern, the Dungeon is also heavily based on The Tower of Latria.