|Weakness||Frost, Dark, Magic, Thrust, Backstab|
|Resistances||Standard, Slash, Strike, Fire, Lightning, Poison, Toxic, Bleed|
Winged Knight is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- This order of knights allied themselves with "the angels". (Reference to Gertrude)
- The first Winged Knight is found in High Wall of Lothric and wields the Winged Knight Halberd.
- The second Winged Knight is found in Lothric Castle and uses a pair of twinaxes. He also drops these twinaxes.
- The third Winged Knight is near Dragon Barracks bonfire.
- Ascended Winged Knights, a variant found above the Grand Archives differ in appearance and can fly, utilizing this ability in their attacks. Individually they drop large titanite shards, titanite chunks, and blessed gems. When all three are killed you are automatically given a titanite slab.
- Their attacks can be blocked, but drain a large amount of Stamina.
- Can be backstabbed easily.
- All knights deals Standard Damage.
- Weak to Frostbite, Dark Damage, Magic Damage and Thrust Damage,
- Resistant to most types of damages, Poison/Toxic and Bleed.
- Twin-Axe version can be parried and riposted.
- Can be lured.
- Are affected by Rapport
- Winged knights "have sworn themselves to the angels" and are followers of the Angelic faith of Lothric, which was founded around a miraculous tale revealed to Heavenly Daughter Gertrude by an angel. Gertrude was the Queen of Lothric's holy maiden and was visited by a divine messenger, yet despite losing her sight and voice, she recorded the tale. However, faith in divine messengers is considered heresy in Lothric and isn't recognized by any of the three Pillars of the King's rule (which include the High Priestess, Scholars, and Knights). As such, Heavenly Daughter Gertrude was imprisoned in a lofty cell in the Grand Archives of Lothric Castle.
- Travelling through Lothric one can find evidence of conflict between Winged Knights and Lothric Knights. The approach to the castle is filled with empty Lothric Knight armor and the corpses of Winged Knights, as are the castle grounds themselves; it is possible that at some point, Winged Knights stormed Lothric Castle heading for the Grand Archives to free Heavenly Daughter Gertrude from her imprisonment.
Notes & Trivia
- The "wings" on their back seem to be tiny copies of real-life "wings" of Polish "winged hussars"
- Their helmets are based on real-life medieval German/Austrian helms, in particular on helmets that belonged to Emperor Maximilian I. Domnhall of Zena's horned helmet from Dark Souls I is also based on a suit of armor made for Maximilian I.