Magic, Fire, Lightning, Dark
NG+ (16,000 souls)
Giant Slave is an Enemy in Dark Souls 3.
- There are two of these monsters in Cathedral of the Deep defending the area just before the Deacons of the Deep bossfight. Does not respawn, when killed.
- There are two smaller versions of this enemy in the courtyard between the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire and the way to Anor Londo. Respawnable.
- The Giant of the Undead Settlement is an NPC version of this enemy.
- One of these giants is resting within Irithyll Dungeon. Does not respawn, when killed.
- Once killed they drop a Large Titanite Shard and some dung pies.
- At ground level they are often defended by dark slimes or hound rats. Fire is effective vs guards.
- They're quite slow but have a lot of health and deal high damage.
- Weak spot: Head.
- Non respawnable giant receives minor damage, when they are asleep.
- Two smaller giant met between the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire and Anor Londo can be staggered and riposted.
- Persilent Mercury will not wake them up and is not affected by damage reduction, making it a viable option for sorcerers.
- You are not required to kill any giants through the whole game. The two giants in Cathedral of the Deep can the lured into areas that can be locked off with giant walls. The giant in Irithyll Dungeon is sleeping and will not become agressive unless awoken.
- Anri and Horace can help with the giants in Cathedral of the Deep, their summon sign can be found before Deacon of the Deep boss room.
- After making the giant agressive, they will not chase you far if you move quickly.
- If you're dying constantly against them or don't want to take them head on, pulling out a bow with plenty of arrows does the job
- The easiest way to kill them through melee attacks is to stand just in front of their feet and sidestrafe. When they kneel, they are much easier to safely hit. Be careful of their stomp attack, which is similar to the moveset used by giants in previous Souls games.
- For casters, target their head and cast sorcery projectiles.
- Fighting the giant from high ground(dealing with hands) is harder but not impossible. Roll iframes, if timed very well can nullify damage and let you land a hit or two at each hand whenever it attacks. Feet lets you hit it more and stomps have less aoe.
- Two of the giants in the Cathedral of the Deep have a "splash attack". When the players moves away from the giant, it will splash water into the players direction. The foe will continue this attack until the range is smaller or the player breaks line of sight.
- While invading after the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire, an invader can be damaged (but not targeted) by the giants if the player is to close to one while it does its attack animation.
Notes & Trivia
- These giants appear to be much larger than other giants seen throughout Darksouls 1, Darksouls 2 and in other parts of Darksouls 3.
- Like all giants seen in Darksouls 3, these giants appear to have once been slaves. It is unknown who specifically enslaved them.
- These larger variants of giants appear to be less intellectually capable than most, not boasting any special skills such as archery and lacking the ability of comprehensive speech.