Dark Gem is an Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
- Infuse into a weapon to make it Dark.
- Dark weapons inflict dark damage, and scale with Faith and Intelligence.
- Rare drop from Pus of Man in High Wall of Lothric, Consumed King's Garden, and Lothric Castle.
- Can drop from the second rolling "boulder" in Catacombs of Carthus.
- Consumed King's Garden: Under the left set of stairs leading up to the courtyard full of knights just before the boss room. (Video location)
- Located after the Corvian Settlement bonfire (Ashes DLC). Head up toward the large NPC wielding Crow Quills and turn right before the gate at the end of the path, drop down and into the open window and defeat the two fly type mobs inside. Gem is on a corpse here.
- Requires the Profaned Coal in order to start infusing weapons.
- The scaling on weapons differs depending on the weapon infused (Corvian Greatknife gets E scaling at +0 for both, while a Notched Whip gets D scaling).
- An alternative to the Dark Blade miracle for a non-caster character. Dark damage is exceptionally good against a variety of enemies (Silver Knights, for example) and a couple of bosses (Vordt and Dancer of the Boreal Valley), however at minimal Intelligence and Faith investments one might consider using a Refined weapon paired with Human Pine Resin for greater AR values.
| Blessed Gem | | Blood Gem | | Chaos Gem | | Crystal Gem | | Deep Gem | | Farron Coal | | Fire Gem | | Giant's Coal | | Heavy Gem | | Hollow Gem | | Lightning Gem | | Player Trade | | Poison Gem | | Profaned Coal | | Raw Gem | | Refined Gem | | Sage's Coal | | Sharp Gem | | Shriving Stone | | Simple Gem | | Titanite Chunk | | Titanite Scale | | Titanite Shard | | Titanite Slab | | Transposing Kiln |