Sharp Gem is a Upgrade Material in Dark Souls 3.
Sharp Gem Effect
- Infuse into a weapon to make Sharp weapon.
- Lowers the base damage on weapons, but gives them a higher Dexterity scaling.
- Does not prevent resins/buffing the infused weapon.
- Farron Coal must be given to Blacksmith Andre to unlock sharp infusions.
- Drops from Red-Eyed curved sword wielding Skeletons at Catacombs of Carthus bonfire (Turn left after the skeleton ball, these enemies are after the rats). Ultra-Rare drop.
- Drops from Red-Eyed curved sword+shield Skeletons just before Catacombs of Carthus bonfire. (From the bonfire, turn RIGHT, kill the two skeletons, repeat cycle.) Ultra-Rare drop.
- Also drops from shotel wielding Carthus Skeletons. Rare?
- Drops from greataxe wielding undead in High Wall of Lothric (not sure on halberd ones, currently testing).
- 1x found at Catacombs of Carthus (Video).
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard, near the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire (where the invader spawns), in Undead Settlement. Note: Lizard may escape as you spawn, instead try coming from Undead Settlement bonfire (video location).
- 1x from a Crystal Lizard on the rooftops in The Grand Archives (the spot where there are two lizards and giant gargoyles in the area)
- Sharp infusions are worse for the weapon's base damage than Heavy infusions, but less severe than Refined infusions.
- Infusing degrades Strength scaling, but doesn't nullify it.
- The function of this gem is similar to the Bladestone in Demon's Souls.
| Blessed Gem | | Blood Gem | | Chaos Gem | | Crystal Gem | | Dark Gem | | Deep Gem | | Farron Coal | | Fire Gem | | Giant's Coal | | Heavy Gem | | Hollow Gem | | Lightning Gem | | Player Trade | | Poison Gem | | Profaned Coal | | Raw Gem | | Refined Gem | | Sage's Coal | | Shriving Stone | | Simple Gem | | Titanite Chunk | | Titanite Scale | | Titanite Shard | | Titanite Slab | | Transposing Kiln |