Dark Sigil is a Key Item in Dark Souls 3.
Dark Sigil Locations
- Five are given to you by Yoel of Londor each time you "tease out your inner strength".
- Three are given to you if you decide to "marry" Anri of Astora
Dark Sigil Usage
- You need all of the Dark Sigils to unlock the Usurpation of Fire ending.
- Triggers levels of Hollowing upon death which can be tracked from the player status screen below player level. The amount of hollowing gained per death is equal to the number of Dark Sigils you have.
- The five first Dark Sigils each unlocks a free soul level. After Yoel give you the first Dark Sigil, you may revisit him at 2, 6, 12, and 16 hollowing to gain these levels in exchange for another Dark Sigil.
- If you heal the Dark Sigil before getting five free Soul levels from Yoel of Londor, he will no longer offer to "tease out your inner strength".
How to heal the Dark Sigil
- The Dark Sigil may be healed by giving a Fire Keeper Soul to the Fire Keeper, which will allow her to heal your Dark Sigil.
- The cost of healing the Dark Sigil is equal to the number of sigils you currently hold as a level per sigil.(If you have 8 sigils it will cost 8 levels worth of souls)
- When the Dark Sigil is healed, all Dark Sigils are removed from your inventory, and your Character will no longer gain more Hollowing on death. As of a recent patch, this also cures your current level of Hollowing.
- It is also automatically healed by starting a new NG. However you will keep your hollowing levels.
- Removing the Dark Sigils will stop the Yuria of Londor quest.
How to reverse Hollowing
- You can reverse hollowing with Purging Stones sold by Yuria of Londor.
- Hollowing can also be reversed by spending souls equal to 100x your current level at the Altar of Velka, found in the sewers below the Undead Settlement. The sewers can be accessed by going down the stairs near the Cliff Underside bonfire and taking a right to follow the cliff face. If you have not yet explored the Settlement, the Undead Settlement guide has directions. You will require the grave key, purchasable from the Shrine Handmaid for 1500 souls upon giving the Mortician's Ashes. The locked gate is about halfway through the sewer, between the parties of rats. Unlock the gate, and take the first right. The altar will be straight ahead. Alternatively, you can also travel to the bottom of the cliff on the exit of the sewers (when you enter from the Cliff Underside bonfire side) and enter through a passage down there, requiring you to fight through a few skeletons to get to the altar. To cure Hollowing, request dissolution.
- If you wish to access Velka without purchasing the key, you can drop down into the chasm just up from the bridge near cliff underside bonfire onto some steps that reduce the fall damage to survivable levels (with about 20-22 vigor when embered). Alternatively, the spell Spook or the Silvercat Ring will prevent all the fall damage.
- If you don't receive the five Sigils before Yoel dies, you won't get Yuria of Londor to appear in your Firelink.
| Basin of Vows | | Blood of the Dark Soul | | Braille Divine Tome of Carim | | Braille Divine Tome of Lothric | | Carthus Pyromancy Tome | | Cell Key | | Champion's Bones | | Cinders of a Lord | | Contraption Key | | Crystal Scroll | | Deep Braille Divine Tome | | Eyes of a Fire Keeper | | Fire Keeper Soul | | Golden Scroll | | Grand Archives Key | | Grave Key | | Grave Warden Pyromancy Tome | | Great Swamp Pyromancy Tome | | Hawkwood's Swordgrass | | Izalith Pyromancy Tome | | Jailbreaker's Key | | Jailbreaker’s Key | | Jailer's Key Ring | | Jailer's Key Ring | | Lift Chamber Key | | Logan's Scroll | | Londor Braille Divine Tome | | Loretta's Bone | | Lothric War Banner | | Old Cell Key | | Purging Monument | | Quelana Pyromancy Tome | | Sage's Scroll | | Small Doll | | Small Envoy Banner | | Small Lothric Banner | | Sword of Avowal | | Tower Key | | White Soapstone | | Young Grass Dew |