Alteration of Soul Greatsword developed by sorcerers of the Undead Legion of Farron.
The Legion has a tendency to emphasize speed over power, and this practical alteration of an existing sorcery is no exception."
- Bought from Orbeck of Vinheim for 3,000 souls
- Farron Flashsword inflicts (Spell Buff x 1.035) magic damage before resistances.
- Behaves much like a straight sword in terms of reach and speed and can be cast multiple times in a combo, similar to Farron Dart. Its range is much better than a straight sword but damage is light.
- Can be parried if the player parries the catalyst.
- A longer catalyst results in a longer reach, the sword doesn't get any bigger but it starts higher up the staff. [This is actually fairly important for PVP capabilities, as this spell can have nearly the range of the Soul Greatsword spell with the right catalyst, but with a much faster attack rate at a fraction of the cost.]
- The Izalith Staff achieves the longest range of this spell.
- Also works well with Preacher's Right Arm due to it having Feasting Branch weapon skill.
- Can be used after a backstep, roll, or while running for variant casts, similar to how other weapons behave. Does not seem to have critical attack capabilities, however.
- If cast with the Immolation Tinder, it is possible for a hit that causes (extra?) fire damage. More testing needed for exact damage numbers.
- There's an odd glitch that causes the sorcery to do 1-8 damage for seemingly no reason. Many have debated that the cause for this is that the catalyst is hitting the opponent and not the actual sword. However, this often disputed because melee attacks with a catalyst will do way more than 1-8 damage.