Red Eye Orb is a Multiplayer Item in Dark Souls 3.
Red Eye Orb
- Use a Red Eye Orb, and you'll be able to invade other players worlds and play against them competitively. The invaded player is called the "host", and the invading player is called the "invader". You can only invade worlds whose host is in ember form. Up to two people can invade a world at once if a Dried Finger is being used. Invaders treat each other as enemies and can attack and damage each other. Invaders can also not heal eachother if they are helping eachother by the use of healing miracles, although they can heal eachother with the Warmth pyromancy.
- It is dropped by a Darkwraith found at the bottom of the lift under the Tower on the Wall bonfire in High Wall of Lothric after following Leonhard's questline.
- Video Location
- Red phantoms will gain a Pale Tongue and become Embered for killing the host. If already embered, you will gain a consumable Ember item instead.
- Mound Makers will gain a Vertebrae Shackle and an Ember if they defeat any host. Warriors of Sunlight will gain an Ember and every invader present in the world will get a Sunlight Medal.
- Hosts gain only souls for defeating an invader; hosts will not gain embers, nor a Sunlight Medal for defeating a Sunlight Warrior, nor a Vertebrae Shackle for defeating a Mound Maker.
- Unlike previous iterations of Dark Souls, the Red Eye Orb's use adds a persistent notification underneath the stamina bar, in the style of Bloodborne's bell system, which continuously searches for viable hosts instead of being a one-time use item that requires refreshing per failed attempt.
- It appears that Mound Makers are perferably put into worlds that have phantoms in them already.
- It appears that Warriors of Sunlight are preferably put into worlds that already have another invader in them. This requires the host to have used the Dried Finger.
- Unlike the item of the same name in Dark Souls 1, the Red Eye Orb is not locked to a specific covenant.
- The Darkwraith will not drop another Red Eye Orb if the player already has one.
- It is good to note that you do drop your souls when you die as a red phantom. However you will keep your ember form.
- If you're attempting to gain the Red Eye Orb early on and are finding it difficult to defeat the Darkwraith, it is possible to step back onto the elevator as he's about to attack you. This will force him to fall down the hole under the elevator and die immediately, rewarding you with the Red Eye Orb.
| Hawkwood's Swordgrass | | Black Separation Crystal | | Cracked Red Eye Orb | | Dried Finger | | Ember | | Human Dregs | | Pale Tongue | | Proof of a Concord Kept | | Red Sign Soapstone | | Roster of Knights | | Sunlight Medal | | Vertebra Shackle | | Way of White Circlet | | White Sign Soapstone | | Wolf's Blood Swordgrass |