A green-rusted ornament of young grass, the crest of Princess Filianore. Equip to join the Spears of the Church covenant.
The Spears of the Church watch over the Princess' slumber, and when the church is compromised by a trespasser, the Judicator summons them as loyal spirits to eliminate the threat (Summoned automatically while this is equipped).
Loyal spirits summoned as Spears of the Church are granted a blessing of protection.
Spears of the Church Information
- Defeat Darkeater Midir under the Inner Ring Wall bonfire, behind a hidden wall to join this covenant.
Effects of covenant
- Players wearing this Covenant badge will be summoned to become Halflight, Spear of the Church during the boss fight.
- In order to be summoned you simply need to have the covenant item equipped. You will get a covenant item no matter if you are the host or invader, whoever wins gets it.
- Additionally, if you use the White Sign Soapstone, Red Sign Soapstone, Cracked Red Eye Orb, or Red Eye Orb anywhere in The Ringed City, you have a random chance of being summoned to help defend the Church regardless of password and current covenant equipped. Video Example
- Players summoned to defend Halflight, Spear of the Church will receive increased defense proportional to the amount of phantoms that the Host of Embers summon, at the cost of being unable to use Estus Flask, however, they can still use healing miracles.
- Players summoned to defend Halflight, Spear of the Church, are able to use the following items during the fight: Ritual Spear Fragment and Divine Spear Fragment. Using these as the Defender of Halflight will cost no FP and are unlimited with a short cooldown.
- Successfully completing task earns you Filianore's Spear Ornament which can be turned in to the altar to rank up in the covenant. The altar is located next to the Ringed Knight with the dual greatswords outside the church.
|1||10 Filianore's Spear Ornament||Young Grass Dew|
|2||30 Filianore's Spear Ornament||Divine Spear Fragment|
- None at the time of this writing.
- The summoning mechanics for this covenant are reminiscent of the Old Monk from Demon's Souls, whom Hidetaka Miyazaki, one of Dark Souls III's directors, claims to be his favorite boss encounter.