Halflight, Spear of the Church
|3,350||80,000||The Ringed City|
Titanite Slab (once per NG cycle)
Halflight: Frost, Lightning
Guardian: Fire, Frost, Lightning, Vow of Silence
Halflight: Bleed, Poison/Toxic
Guardian: Bleed, Poison/Toxic
Halflight, Spear of the Church Information
- You can summon Unbreakable Patches for this fight if you have completed Lapp's questline.
- Judicator Argo will summon players in the Spears of the Church as the Boss or Halflight if offline.
- Not optional - must be defeated in order to reach Filianore.
- Halflight, Spear of the Church is found in The Ringed City, inside the church down the Ringed Inner Wall bonfire shortcut.
- After beating this boss, player can use souls to revive Argo and repeat this fight. He can do it at the Velka's statue or Purging Monument. See Show Your Humanity, how to reach Purging Monument. Note: Step connected with Velka's Statue can be achieved without finding Purging Monument.
- Souls: NG (80,000), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Co-Op Souls: NG (20 000).
- Other: Filianore's Spear Ornament, Titanite Slab (once per NG cycle)
- Health: NG (3,350), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Church Guardian attacks deals Slash or Magic damage. May also cause bleeding.
- In offline mode, Halflight uses the Frayed Blade, White Birch Bow (RH) and the Knight Shield (LH)
- Halflight attacks deals Slash, Thrust, Dark, Magic or Lightning damage. May also cause bleeding.
- Halflight is weak to Frost and Lightning.
- Halflight and Church Guardians are resistant to Bleed and Poison/Toxic.
- Church Guardian is weak to Fire, Frost and Lightning. Vow of Silence is also effective, as it blocks healing miracles.
- First Church Guardian appears shortly before Spear of the Church, second when his health is lowered by half. Shortly after killing Spear of the Church, remaining Church Guardians dies.
Only Youtube Partners can place videos. Embeds from FL channel only - please add your link below if you're a partner
Strategy 1 (Melee)
After entering the boss battle, Judicator Argo gives a speech, giving plenty of time to prepare with items, spells and/or buffs. Alternatively, you can take this opportunity to kill Argo, who is non-hostile unless approached. Then a Church Guardian appears, much stronger than Painting Guardian from Dark Souls I. Shortly after this a Spear of the Church appears. If Argo is still alive, he will disappear at this point. It is recommended to focus on the phantom (especially if it is a player phantom rather than Halflight himself), as his HP is relatively low for a boss fight.
In offline mode, Halflight uses Frayed Blade and White Birch Bow. During his entry, and the rest of the fight, he is supported by various miracles and occasional Ritual Spear Fragment attacks that can make it dangerous to stay close. Dodging is essential.
Strategy 2 (Melee)A strategy is to be provided here, be sure to add any equipment / build requirements and tips and tricks.
Strategy 3 (Magic/Pyromancy)
A strategy is to be provided here, be sure to add any equipment / build requirements and tips and tricks.
Halflight, Spear of the Church has 2 attack phases. In the first phase, Church Guardian appears, shortly after that moment Spear of Church. When his/her hp is lowered by half, another Church Guardian appears.
|Swift Sword attack (Guardian)||Guardian uses his sword few times, dealing physical damage. Then jumps back to avoid retaliation.|
|Knive throwing (Guardian)||Guardian throws few knives dealing magical damage.|
|Healing (Guardian)||Guardian kneels and use a healing spell that restores healthpoint in small distance.|
|Homing Knives (Halflight/Phantom)||Skill similar to spell Homing Crystal Mass. However, instead of magic projectiles there are knives. Deals low magic damage, but can break attack.|
|Swift Sword attack (Halflight)||Sheathes their katana, then unleashes a flurry of swings.|
|Dark Wave (Halflight)||Sheathes their katana, then brings the katana down to release a wave of dark.|
|Jump attack (Halflight)||Halflight performs a katana running jump attack.|
|Bow attack (Haflight)||Halflight uses bow and attacks from distance.|
|Ritual Spear attack (Halflight/Phantom)||Spear of the Church uses Ritual/Divine Spear fragment - acts simillar to Black Serpent Spell. Such "serpent" stays for a few seconds acting simillar to "wall". Deals high lightning damage.|
Halflight was the youngest among a company of missionaries that sent to the Ringed City from a land of magic far far away. When all of his fellow missionaries have fled the city after facing the horrors that hidden within the depth of the streets. The young sorcerer decided to stay behind and eventually becoming the last recorded Spear of The Church to serve as the last line of defence for the slumber of princess Fillianore.
Notes & Trivia
- Halflight is one of few bosses in series that is capable of parrying and riposting player.
- This is one of the fights in the Dark Souls series, where a regular player is treated as a boss.
- Halflight, Spear of the Church is an only fight in Dark Souls III, that can be reset without beginning next NG cycle.
- Halflight is the offline Boss, but can appear online if either Spear of the Church isn't summoned on time or leave the fight.
- Player summoned as Boss can't use Estus, but can use healing miracles.
- This boss resembles the "Old Monk" fight from Demon's Souls.
- Same, as in case of Ancient Wyvern boss fight, there is no corrensponding bonfire. Instead, shortly after leaving boss fight arena, near double staircase, there is a bonfire "Fillanore's Church".
| Abyss Watchers | | Aldrich, Devourer of Gods | | Ancient Wyvern | | Champion's Gravetender & Gravetender Greatwolf | | Champion Gundyr | | Crystal Sage | | Curse-Rotted Greatwood | | Dancer of the Boreal Valley | | Darkeater Midir | | Deacons of the Deep | | Demon in Pain & Demon From Below | | Demon Prince | | Dragonslayer Armour | | High Lord Wolnir | | Lothric, Younger Prince | | Nameless King | | Oceiros, the Consumed King | | Old Demon King | | Pontiff Sulyvahn | | Sister Friede | | Stray Demon | | Vordt of the Boreal Valley | | Yhorm the Giant |