Velka the Goddess of Sin
Velka the Goddess of Sin is a NPC in Dark Souls 3.
Velka the Goddess of Sin Information
- Not killable, she's a statue
- Provides Absolution services
- List of items that refer to this NPC: Grave Key, Ring of Sacrifice,
- Praying at the statue provides you access to Absolution (of Sin) and Dissolution (of Hollowing).
- With the addition of the Ringed City DLC, there exists a shrine that allows you to "revive" the Spears of the Church boss. Velka also has this option now, a much easier/faster way to revive the boss.
- You can find Velka the Goddess of Sin's statue at the Undead Settlement, through a locked door in the sewers next to the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.
- The Grave Key is required to get to her Shrine normally, which is sold by the Shrine Handmaid in Firelink Shrine after recieving the Mortician's Ashes.
- Though if a character can endure a long fall (Silvercat Ring or Spook are useful), it can be accessed by dropping into the ravine just outside of the Sewer entrance (The non-locked side).
- Sin only accumulates when you aggro an NPC, not kill them or invade players. When an NPC is aggroed it will count as a sin. Should you kill the NPC it will not be possible to use the absolution service as the only person you sinned against is dead.
- If a NPC is aggroed towards you, all you need to do is use the absolution option to remove their hostility towards you.
- The price for Absolution is equal to your current soul level times 1000.
- Price for Reinstating the Kings Decree = (Soul Level x 1000) / 2
- Price for Dissolution = (Soul level x 500) x Dark Sigils
- The Clutch Rings and the dark Miracles, which were associated with Velka in the previous games, are in Dark Souls 3 said to originate from the Sable Church of Londor, the Hollow Realm.