Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum
Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum Crow is an NPC in Dark Souls 3.
- You cannot attack this NPC and you cannot see her.
- You can find Pickle Pee, Pump-a-Rum on the roof of the Firelink Shrine, after you have obtained the Tower Key from the Shrine Handmaid.
- You can get to the crow without a key if you jump on the roof via a tipped tree on the top of Firelink Shrine. (Screenshot) (Video Example)
- See this map for details.
In order to trade with it/them, drop an item (by selecting 'leave' in the item menu) on either the roof nest or the nest in the shrine rafters, and pick up the item she gives you in return. Do not leave the area or exit the game or the item she dropped will be lost. If she doesn't want the item you offered, she will say no, and will return your item.
You may only trade one of each item per New Game cycle.
Note: You also learn the Call Over Gesture the first time you trade an item that gives a "Pickle pee" response from the crow. (eleonora, mendicant's staff and avelyn still needs verification)
First encounter dialogue
You, you! Me me Pickle Pee! Me, me Pump-a-rum!"
(trade) "Pump-a-rum, pump-a-rum!"
(trade) "Pickle-pee, pickle-pee!"
(no trade) "You, you. No, no. That no pickle pee, that no pump-a-rum."
(same item) "You, you. Not that. Enough, enough."
(all items?) "???"
- "Pickle-pee" and "Pump-a-rum" come from an old children's poem called "The Ceremonial Band" by James Reeves. In the poem, "pickle-pee" is the sound of a fife and "pump-a-rum" is the sound of a drum.
- The crow is referred to as "Nestling" in the end credits, and is voiced by Clare Corbett. The official strategy guide refers to the crow as 'The Nestling of Firelink Shrine (Snuggly The Crow)" and states the crow is rumored to be named Snuggly.
- Demon's Souls version is known as Sparkly the Crow, because she only accepted sparkling items.
- Dark Souls version is known as Snuggly the Crow, because she only accepted warm items.
- Dark Souls II version is known as Dyna & Tilo.