Holy Knight Hodrick is an NPC & NPC Invader in Dark Souls 3.
Holy Knight Hodrick Information
- Hodrick is the leader of the Mound Makers
- He invades the player as a mad spirit in the Undead Settlement and can be summoned in Road of Sacrifices.
- You can speak to Hodrick in the Pit of Hollows and join the Mound-Makers. You must hop into the back of the Hollow Manservant with an empty cage in the Undead Settlement and you MUST do this before having the floor break in the fight with Curse-rotted Greatwood. Drops nothing if you kill him here, although he has some interesting, yet brief dialogue
- Invades near the Dilapidated Bridge area at Undead Settlement if the Curse-Rotted Greatwood has not yet been defeated.
- Can be summoned as a mad phantom near the Crucifixion Woods bonfire in the Road of Sacrifice if the Greate Sage has not yet been defeated.
- As part of Sirris of the Sunless Realms story she will summon you to help her fight Hodrick. After killing him together, you can find his corpse near the Pit of Hollows bonfire with his armour set.
- Souls: NG (0), NG+ (9000), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Vertebrae Shackle
- When summoned, he wil attack the player and AI enemies. Lead him to other enemies, and let them weaken him.
- On NG+, when summoned in the Crucifixion Woods, he is EXTREMELY dangerous. Almost all of his attacks will instantly kill most players, dealing up to 2000 damage. He will attack enemies, but they can swarm him easily. However, he only drops 1000 souls on death, so summoning him is not recommended. Proceed with caution.
- Can be distracted by Alluring Skull.
- Wields: Flamberge (RH), Sunset Shield (LH), Pyromancy Flame (LH).
- Casts: Warmth and Power Within.
- Other: Red Tearstone Ring, Blue Tearstone Ring.
Well, what's happened here? This pit is for hollows, not for the likes of you sane folk. Or perhaps you are a Hollow, posing as otherwise?"
Yes, yes. Then we're just fine. It's important to know who you are. But we'll all be mad, soon enough. And should you be Undead, well, all the more so."
No, no, of course you're not. That's what you mad fools always say. But we'll all be mad, soon enough. And should you be Undead, well, all the more so."
Beware, the shackles of the Gods are fragile. You might need this. Etch it on your heart if you feel your sanity slipping." (Receive Mound-makers)
"Come here to pile up your victims, for that will form your anchor. You'll see when you go mad. They'll be your family." (Laughs)
Selecting "Talk" again
You'll go mad one day, but not today. Take my advice. Use this bone, and leave this place." (Receive homeward bone x1)
"This pit is for Hollows, and for the occasional madman fond piling up victims. You've better things to do, I'd hope?" (Laughs)
I knew it! I knew You were hollow!"
"I knew it, I knew you were Hollow! Well, that's just fine."
Upon dying to him
"Oh well, another addition to the family."
"Right, onto the pile with you. You're family now..."
Upon killing him
Ahh, my family... Dear little Sirris..."
- Holy Knight Hodrick is grandfather of Sirris of the Sunless Realms, as, when summoned to assist her in fighting him, she addresses him as a "grandad". Also Sirris leaves message with a budding green blossom which may be purchased from Shrine's Handmaid saying "Goodbye, dear Grandmother. I will visit Grandfather, at the Pit of the Hollows" which might imply that Shrine's Handmaid is Sirris' grandmother, and, possibly, Holy Knight Hodrick's wife.