Black Hand Gotthard is a NPC in Dark Souls 3.
"Official description goes here"
- Gives the By My Sword gesture when summoned
- Can be summoned to fight Pontiff Sulyvahn and Abyss Watchers
- Example Video when summoning him for his gesture.
- Abyss Watchers: Summon sign is located near the top of the staircase that leads to the boss.
- Pontiff Sulyvahn: Summon sign is located in front of the entrance to the boss, between the two praying statues.
- Found dead at the entrance to the Grand Archives, granting you the Grand Archives Key and the Gotthard Twinswords.
- He is not there at the beginning of the game.
- His corpse will appear after Abyss Watchers, Yhorm the Giant, and Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, have all been killed and the cutscene turning the sun into an eclipse has taken place. This assures that you cannot proceed into the Grand Archives until the 3 Lords have been defeated.
- If you've killed the first 3 Lords but his corpse still doesn't appear, try teleporting to the Aldrich, Devourer of Gods bonfire and the cutscene that teleports you to Emma should trigger.
- Weak to ?? Damage.
- Strong against ?? , ?? and ?? damage.
- Weak Spot: ??
- Use ?? Item
- Although he can be led to the Crystal Sage, he cannot enter the arena.
- The body has the sheath of Onikiri and Ubadachi, so the corpse might not be Gotthard's.
- The eyes of his corpse can be seen slowly blinking if watched through binoculars. (seen on patch 1.04 PC)
- The description of his twinswords (Gotthard Twinswords) may suggest that he have inteded to flee from the Black Hand ranks, and so he might have been hunted down by Kamui or other assassins in the Lothric castle. After all he helped our character twice (for whatever reasons) in our journey through Lothric, and so maybe prince Lothric began to fear both us and him and ordered someone tho kill Gotthard before he could do more damage. (just a theory - needs more information)