Horace the Hushed Information
- Gives you the Blue Sentinels Covenant.
- Places to summon this NPC: Cathedral of the Deep
- Wears the Executioner Set
- You can find Horace at the Halfway Fortress Bonfire in Road of Sacrifices.
- Horace can be summoned prior to fighting the Deacons of the Deep.
Horace is a companion to Anri of Astora, and will turn hostile after you progress into the Catacombs.
To locate Horace again, continue the game past the Abyss Watchers. Head into the Catacombs of Carthus and find Anri who will ask you about Horace's location. If you speak to Anri here and tell them "NO", She/He will move further into the Catacombs by an old bridge. You can speak to Anri again here, but it is not necessary. Horace is located in another area across the bridge. Once there cut the rope on the bridge by hitting it with your weapon, wait for it to collapse, and then climb down. Past the Fire Demon is a bonfire, and past the bonfire is Smouldering Lake. In Smouldering Lake hug the right wall until you see a small passageway with two Crystal Lizards. Horace will be at the back of this area and will be hostile. You can see a map here.
If you kill him here, he will give you the Llewellyn Shield. If you kill him, it won't matter if you tell Anri where he is. Anri's questline will continue and you will receive the Ring of the Evil Eye in the Catacombs or at Anri's next location. If you don't kill him and tell Anri, Anri will be killed and their questline will end. If you don't kill him, but don't tell Anri his location, Anri's questline will continue.
- If you kill Horace before speaking to Anri in his/her first location in the Catacombs, she/he will only be found at the second location.
- Souls: NG (2000), NG+ (6000), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+9 (??)
- Weapons: Llewellyn Shield
Horace the Hushed does not have specific dialogue lines. Instead, he only makes what sounds like a low growl or grunt when spoken to.
- Horace would seem to be a member of the Blue Sentinels.
- Horace might have ironically been named after the leading Roman lyric poet under the same name. Roman name (and link to Wikipedia): Quintus Horatius Flaccus
- Miyazaki, a huge fan of the manga Berserk, may have been inspired by the character Basuzo's armor design in making the Executioner Set.
- Horace is one of two children to survive Aldrich's appetite
- If you kill Horace and tell Anri where he is, then return to his location in the Smoldering Lake after Anri has left, there will be a small shrine with his broken halberd, shield, and a red prism stone on top, indicating that Anri found his body and laid him to rest (Anri says earlier that they leave prism stones for each other, to guide their way). Interestingly, if you meet Anri at the Yorshka bonfire, she/he will still say that they never found Horace.