Emma is an NPC in Dark Souls 3.
Emma, High Priestess of Lothric Castle Information
- Can be killed.
- Items given by Emma: Small Lothric Banner, Way of Blue covenant.
- After defeating three Lords of Cinder you will be warped back to Emma. She will be on her knees begging you to save the Prince of Lothric, she then dies and drops the Basin of Vows.
- If killed she will drop the items that she hasn't given you yet, even the Basin of Vows which allows early access to some late game areas.
- Upon approaching the altar behind her chair, with the Basin of Vows in your possession, the Dancer of the Boreal Valley will appear.
- You can find Emma inside the cathedral opposite the Vordt of the Boreal Valley fight in the High Wall of Lothric. A map is provided on this page.
First encounter dialogue
Ahh, the wait has been long, Unkindled One.
I am Emma, High Priestess of Lothric Castle.
Allow me to speak frankly.
You will not find the Lords of Cinder here.
They have left, gone.
To their churning homes, converging at the base of this castle.
Head to the bottom of the High Wall.
Forge on through the great gate, and raise this banner to proceed." (Gives 1 Small Lothric Banner)
This farewell gift is for you.
It is the insignia of an old covenant.
If you fear trespassers, dark spirits drawn by the embers.
Then etch this upon your heart.
And the old concord will beckon noble Blue Sentinels to hunt these foul spirits." (Gives Way of Blue)
Selecting "Talk" before Vordt is defeated"
Unkindled One. Head to the High Wall's base.
Go through the great gate, and raise the banner to proceed.
But beware. The dog keeps a close eye on things.
The vile watchdog of the Boreal Valley."
Selecting "Talk" after Vordt is defeated
What is wrong, Unkindled One?
Are you not a Lordseeker? Head to the base of the High Wall and seek the Lords of Cinder.
Is this not the calling of your kind, since ages past?"
After the player has defeated the last of the three Lord of Cinders before Prince Lothric
Ahh, Unkindled One. Fire fades and awaits its one last Lord. Prince Lothric is in your hands... Please save his soul."
When spoken to Emma whilst on ground
Prince Lothric is in your hands. Please save his soul. Tell him what he must be... a Lord."
Player attacking and killing her
What on earth?"
"Whatever is this about?"
"A Lord, he must be... My dear Prince...Lothric..."
- There are no downsides to killing her early. (Although this does spawn an end-game boss)
- If she is killed early before she has a chance to die on her own and give the player the Basin of Vows, the cutscene after killing the three lords of cinder will still activate with her voice and the player will be teleported to the church as normal. Upon arriving, Emma will not be there, but the magic circle and blood surrounding where she should be will be there.
- Voiced by Joan Blackham.