Heretic's Staff is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
Catalyst used by generations of heretic sorcerers.
Sorcery is a logical academic discipline, and the power of sorceries depends heavily on the caster's intelligence.
Skill: Steady Chant
Boost the strength of sorceries for a very short period. Works while equipped in either hand.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- At 60 INT and +10 it has a spellbuff of 220.
- Has the highest spellbuff of all staves between 35 INT and 43 INT.
- The Sorcerer's Staff is better above 45 INT, and better below 33 INT. See here for further data.
- The design is reminiscent of Beatrice's Staff from Dark Souls 1.
- Being longer than the Sorcerer's staff, Farron's Flashsword and Soul Greatsword have far greater range when cast with this staff while its spellbuff is only a tiny bit lower.
- This staff has a much higher stamina cost per cast than other similarly strong staves.
Location/Where to Find
- Road of Sacrifices:
- Looted from a corpse in the castle ruins where you meet Orbeck of Vinheim (Watch the Fextra Video)
Youtube Moveset and Location Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)