Witchtree Branch is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3.
The branch of a large, well-tended witchtree, used as a sorcery catalyst.
Witchtree staves are customary in the far north, and allow for faster casting than ordinary catalysts.
Skill: Steady Chant
Boost the strength of sorceries for a very short period. Works while equipped in either hand.
Notes and Tips:
- Cannot be Infused or Buffed.
- Reinforced with Titanite.
- 60 Int = 184
- 50 Int = 168
- 40 Int = 149
- 30 Int = 127
- 20 Int = 104
- 18 Int = 100
- Provides a passive casting speed buff that is stronger than Sage Ring +2 (+99 Virtual Dexterity, but the cap is 50 Dexterity so it doesn't make a difference for most builds)
- Buff applies for all spells you cast from all schools, even those cast with another catalyst in your other active slot.
- Buff only applies while Witchtree Branch is in an active slot (ie. in your hand or on your hip).
- You do not have to meet Int requirements for the buff to apply
Location/Where to Find
- Looted from corpse behind a locked gate in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. Must destroy an illusory railing in order to acquire it. (Railing Location Video)
Moveset and Videos:
(If your name is not on THIS list, please do not post videos here. If you wish to post videos, please click the link and apply in the thread)
Witchtree Branch Upgrade Table
|Attack ValuesBonus||Parameter Bonus||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Requirement||Parameter Bonus||Attack Values||Damage Reduction %||Auxiliary Effects||Others|
| Spell Buff
Parameter Bonus: Strength, Dexterity,Magic, Fire, Lightning and Dark bonuses - The scaling multiplier applied to the [Attack: stat]. Scaling quality is from highest to lowest as follows: S/A/B/C/D/E.The higher the player's [Str, Dex, Mag, Fire, Light] stat, the higher the [Attack Bonus: Stat] is (found on the player status screen). The higher the scaling letter, the higher the percent multiplier applied to the [Attack: Stat].This resulting bonus damage is added to the base physical damage of the weapon and is shown in the equipment screen in blue numbers as a "+ X".
Durability: The weapon's HP, when the durability hits 0, the effectiveness of its attacks become weakened to the point of almost uselessness. When an items durability is low, a message will come up saying "Weapon At Risk!" at this point the weapon does not perform at it's best.
Weight: How much the item weights when equipped.
Stability: How well the player keeps stance after being hit
Attack Type: Defines what kind of swing set the weapon has: Regular(R), Thrust(T), Slash(Sl), Strike(St)