Pestilent Mercury is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Highly dangerous sorcery employed by Dragon School spooks. Only taught to trusted members.
Releases mercury that eats away at HP. Beware, as the caster is not immune to its effect.
A body caught in the silent mercury cloud lies still, while the face twists in a tortured scream. The names of these learned sorcerers became feared for this gruesome spectacle.
- Can be bought from Orbeck of Vinheim for 1000 souls after giving any sorcery scroll.
- The damage dealt is a percentage of the enemy's max HP. The higher their max HP, the more damage it will deal, making it extremely effective against certain bosses.
- Acts similar to Lifedrain Patch from Dark Souls II.
- It deals damage to everything in its radius, including the caster. Try not to stand in it after casting. However, it does not hurt friendly phantoms.
- This spell does not scale with your stats. The amount of damage will always be the same no matter what you cast it with or how much Intelligence/Faith you have. (Note that it still requires minimum 30 Intelligence to cast)
- This spell doesn't deal poise damage and will not stagger an opponent.
- Very useful to kill mob enemies such as the Deacons of the Deep or the large crowd of Jailers in the lower level of Irithyll Dungeon, when used in combination with a lure such as an Alluring Skull or Aural Decoy.
- This spell will not aggro Mimics.
- Its damage was increased by 150% in the 1.08 Patch. This makes it a very deadly spell, espically due to the spell having long lasting and large mercury cloud, which pretty much guarantees death for opponents stuck in tight spaces.
- Damage does NOT increase with Dusk Crown, Scholar's Candlestick, Young Dragon Ring, Bellowing Dragon Ring, any Clutch rings, or the Steady Chant weapon art from staves. (Easily verified against any mimic)
- Spell Duration is not affected by Lingering Dragoncrest Ring. (Easily verified against any mimic)
- Note that while its picture does have the same corroded scroll appearance shared by dark spells, it still gains no scaling whatsoever even when cast with the Izalith Staff. It may be a dark spell in flavor, but it isn't in practice.
| Affinity | | Aural Decoy | | Cast Light | | Chameleon | | Crystal Magic Weapon | | Crystal Soul Spear | | Dark Edge | | Dark Orb | | Deep Soul | | Farron Dart | | Farron Flashsword | | Farron Hail | | Frozen Weapon | | Great Deep Soul | | Great Farron Dart | | Great Heavy Soul Arrow | | Great Magic Shield | | Great Magic Weapon | | Great Soul Arrow | | Great Soul Dregs | | Heavy Soul Arrow | | Hidden Body | | Hidden Weapon | | Homing Crystal Soulmass | | Homing Soulmass | | Magic Shield | | Magic Weapon | | Old Moonlight | | Repair | | Soul Arrow | | Soul Dart | | Soul Greatsword | | Soul Spear | | Soul Stream | | Spook | | Twisted Wall of Light | | White Dragon Breath |