Pestilent Mercury is a Sorcery in Dark Souls 3. To cast a Sorcery you must use a Staff or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Highly dangerous sorcery employed by Dragon School spooks. Only taught to trusted members.
Releases mercury that eats away at HP. Beware, as the caster is not immune to its effect.
A body caught in the silent mercury cloud lies still, while the face twists in a tortured scream. The names of these learned sorcerers became feared for this gruesome spectacle.
- Give Orbeck any scroll and he will trust you enough to teach you this
- Bought from: Orbeck of Vinheim for 1000 souls
- This spell deals dark damage, and as such will be slightly more powerful when cast with the Izalith Staff with high Intelligence and Faith.
- It is still usable when cast with any other staff with high Intelligence, but will deal slightly less damage.
- It deals damage to everything in its radius, including the caster. Try not to stand in it after casting.
- However, while it damages the caster it doesn't damage friendly phantoms.
- This spell doesn't deal poise damage and will not stagger an opponent.
- Pestilent Mercury is very useful to kill mob enemies such as the Deacons of the Deep or the large crowd of Jailers in the lower level of Irithyll Dungeon, when used in combination with a lure such as an Alluring Skull or Aural Decoy.
- This spell will not aggro Mimics.
- The duration is surprisingly long and the cloud it creates is rather large, however the damage is very low.
- Damage does NOT increase with Dusk Crown, Scholar's Candlestick, Young Dragon Ring, Bellowing Dragon Ring, any Clutch rings, or the Steady Chant weapon art from staves. (Easily varified against any mimic)
- Spell Duration is not effected by Lingering Dragoncrest Ring. (Easily varified against any mimic)
| Affinity | | Aural Decoy | | Cast Light | | Chameleon | | Crystal Magic Weapon | | Crystal Soul Spear | | Dark Edge | | Dark Orb | | Deep Soul | | Farron Dart | | Farron Flashsword | | Farron Hail | | Frozen Weapon | | Great Deep Soul | | Great Farron Dart | | Great Heavy Soul Arrow | | Great Magic Shield | | Great Magic Weapon | | Great Soul Arrow | | Heavy Soul Arrow | | Hidden Body | | Hidden Weapon | | Homing Crystal Soulmass | | Homing Soulmass | | Magic Shield | | Magic Weapon | | Repair | | Soul Arrow | | Soul Dart | | Soul Greatsword | | Soul Spear | | Soul Stream | | Spook | | Twisted Wall of Light | | White Dragon Breath |